Highlighted
dalacarelia_196
Level: Powered On

Adding text from database to one textbox

Hello i have i problem with a textbos with combine search 

This One is working fine 

LookUp(tblTemaKvalitet;Manad =ddmanad.SelectedText.Value).Tema2

But this is not working 

LookUp(tblTemaKvalitet;Manad =ddmanad.SelectedText.Value ; ar =ddyear.SelectedText).Tema2

I want my textbox to show my tema från the selection of Year and Month , my feeling is that little ; is wrong but .... 

pls a little help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimmyBecks

Re: Adding text from database to one textbox

Hi DalaCarelia,

I for the condition section of your lookup it should be one continuous logic statements using And and Or between conditions. I am guessing you likely want something like this:

LookUp(tblTemaKvalitet;Manad = ddmanad.SelectedText.Value And ar = ddyear.SelectedText).Tema2

You can also make use of the optional part of the lookup function, the Reduction Formula. This formula evalutates over the returned record and reduces it to a single value. So you could try something like this,

LookUp(tblTemaKvalitet;Manad = ddmanad.SelectedText.Value And ar = ddyear.SelectedText,Tema2)

to return just the value of the Tema2 for the first record that meets those conditions.

See here for more info about the LookUp Function

Hope this solution helps! Robot Happy

3 REPLIES 3
JimmyBecks

Hi DalaCarelia,

I for the condition section of your lookup it should be one continuous logic statements using And and Or between conditions. I am guessing you likely want something like this:

LookUp(tblTemaKvalitet;Manad = ddmanad.SelectedText.Value And ar = ddyear.SelectedText).Tema2

You can also make use of the optional part of the lookup function, the Reduction Formula. This formula evalutates over the returned record and reduces it to a single value. So you could try something like this,

LookUp(tblTemaKvalitet;Manad = ddmanad.SelectedText.Value And ar = ddyear.SelectedText,Tema2)

to return just the value of the Tema2 for the first record that meets those conditions.

See here for more info about the LookUp Function

Hope this solution helps! Robot Happy

dalacarelia_196

Thnx it worked out and best of all i can use it in my native language and in elnglish version 

Swedish Version we use ; instead of , separator 

Swedish 

LookUp(tblTemaKvalitet;Manad = ddmanad.SelectedText.Value And artal = ddyear.SelectedText.Value;Tema2)

US

LookUp(tblTemaKvalitet;Manad = ddmanad.SelectedText.Value And artal = ddyear.SelectedText.Value,Tema2)

JimmyBecks

@dalacarelia_196 

Thinking about it to make it even less dependant on English you could substiture the And for && operator as they are equivalent. So you could have:

LookUp(tblTemaKvalitet;Manad = ddmanad.SelectedText.Value && artal = ddyear.SelectedText.Value;Tema2)

Glad the solution helped Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 235 members 5,297 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: