cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Atin
Level: Powered On

All data lost when navigating between screens

So everything was working fine after switching rendering to classis mode. But now, this issue has re-occurred and for all the controls. The issue is reproducble in both "Improved App rendering" On and Off. I am trying to edit couple of fields in 2 two powerapp forms (both on different screens) belonging to the same sharepoint list. Here is the scenario:

I edit(change text) some fields on the first screen, and then navigate to the second screen and then come back to the first screen. The data is again refreshed from the SharePoint list overwriting my changes. Now i have to edit again. Then i go to second screen to submit and send patch update, only find my changes lost on second screen also. 

Form DefaultMode is Edit and Item is set as First(Filter('List Name',ID= Value(itemId)))

This powerapps version is "3.18114.25". This is very irritating issue. Please help. I have a demo and subsequent release this coming friday.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: All data lost when navigating between screens

hi @Atin,

Can you share a bit more about your issue?

Can you show me the column type of ‘CRM Owner?

It should be that the type of‘Locations Gallery’.selected. ‘field name’doesn’t match with which of‘CRM Owner’.

You can try to create a collection from ‘Teams  and check what the type ofCRM Ownercolumn produce.

If it produces a table, Add a correct field name after ‘CRM Owner.

regards,

eason

Community Support Team _ Eason YU
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Atin

Request you to please read the question again. It appears you mixed it with some other question.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Atin,

Sorry that I have posted the reply of another thread here. I will repost my reply to your question below:

Can you share a bit more about your issue?

By your saying “navigate to the second screen, how do you navigate to the second screen ?

I made a test. 

6.PNG5.PNG

Set the onselect property of the navigate button to:

Navigate(Screen1,ScreenTransition.None)

Please check if you provide a ResetForm() function within the Navigate button.

Again, I appologize for the mistake that I made. And hope my reply could help. 

Regards,

Eason 

Community Support Team _ Eason YU
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Atin

Hi,

I will try to explain again. I am trying to edit sharepoint list fields. I have 5 fields on screen1 and another 5 fields on screen2. All of the 10 fields belong to same sharepoint list. When i make changes to the fields on first screen and navigate to the second screen and navigate back to the first screen, my changes are lost. They are overwritten with data from the SharePoint list. 

This should not be happening.

This should be a fairly simple scenario to understand. 

PauwelsSven
Level 8

Hi,

When you make a change to your first screen, can this data be written to the SP list or only on the submit button?

Regards