cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NMLM
Level: Powered On

Attachement control - from camera to sharepoint item

With the new attachment code released - how do I use the camera to attach a picture without first saving the picture and the selecting it in the control?

Never got a questions from my mobile about giving the app access to the camera so maybe not possible?

16 REPLIES 16
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Attachement control - from camera to sharepoint item

Hi @NMLM,

Though attachment upload is available now, but using the camera to directly attach a picture is still not supported so far. But we plan to unblock these scenarios (both Pen input and Camera) in April.  In the meanwhile if you click on Add file, you can choose to take a picture with the native camera app. 

For more future updating information, please follow the below idea thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Save-attachments-to-SharePoint-list-item/idi-p/8...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BrandonMurray

@v-monli-msft, could you explain your reply to me a little better?

First, "in the meanwhile if you click on Add file, you can choose to take a picture with the native camera app" sounds to me like the same thing as "using the camera to directly attach a picture."

Second, and more importantly, with my iPhone (latest iOS and PowerApps), when I click "Add file" I see no option to take a picture with the camera app. Instead, I only see the files I've uploaded to iCloud Drive (which I don't ever use).

I have a client who really needs the ability to take pictures of receipts and attach them to the current SP list item, and despite the new feature I still don't see a way to do that.

brandonklittle

I'm seeing the same behaviour.  I'm unable to use the camera and only taken to my OneDrive to upload a file from there.

BrandonMurray

You're actually able to upload from OneDrive? I only get iCloud Drive as an option, which I don't use.

brandonklittle

Let me double check, you could be right, either way it wouldn't work for us as a solution as our users need direct access to their images/camera.

BrandonMurray

@v-monli-msft, could you reply to this conversation with clarification on "In the meanwhile if you click on Add file, you can choose to take a picture with the native camera app"?

As said a few weeks ago, when I tap "Add file" from the app on my iPhone, I get the option to upload files from various sources (I now have access to OneDrive and a few others, whereas I used to only have iCloud), but I still have no access to the Camera app on my phone or the Photos app. Either would work for my client's purposes.

If anyone else has had success with this use case (tap "Add file" within PowerApps, use native app to take picture or upload picture from Photos), please let me know how you've done it... Everything I'm reading online leads me to believe that Microsoft thinks this functionality is already present...!

brandonklittle

I'm still having the same issue and waiting for their fix as in the thread MS said April.

Gerald-Voortman
Level: Power Up

As many I've search for this to. I found 2 dates April an June as an update date.

But what I notticed just a few minutes ago is that on my laptop I can choose camera as en option when I browse for files on my windows 10 pc. On my android device, samsung s8 it is not possible.

From the forum link a few replies above a reply.

by PowerApps StaffFilipK
3 weeks ago

The photo features should be out by June.

SmartMeter
Level 8

Hi Mona, I am EAGERLY awaiting this functionality, and search this thread regularly. It's May 2, and tomorrow I get to inform folks in the boardroom when I can "take native camera snaps and store them on SharePoint list objects" with SP online for an app pilot we began pilot on last month. Do we anticipate this soon? The "Find saved file, add as an attachment" method is too clunky, and slow, so I need click and save integration for SPO. What do I tell my people tomorrow at 11:00 AM EDT? Thanks! SmartMeter