cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Attachments Control How to Work with Sharepoint List

The Attachments control in PowerApps has no documentation that I can tell, and I can't figure out how to use it. I've connected it to a Sharepoint List, and there is no button to attach a file. It also does not detect any of the attachments I have uploaded to the Sharepoint.list through Items. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Attachments Control How to Work with Sharepoint List

Hi @Alerts_OM_USA,

I think the attachments in SharePoint list should be not available under PowerApps currently.

There are ideas submitted on this:

Save attachments to SharePoint list item

Could you please share a screenshot of the "Attachment control" you mentioned?

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MelindaK
Level 8

Hi @v-micsh-msft

I think the attachment control that everyone is talking about around here is this one:

attachment.png

And when you click on learn more there is a link with documentation, but is very basic and from what I've seen on the forum there's many people struggling with it...

Considering this was a sought after feature, the documentation should've been more explanatory.

MelindaK
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue (not able to add attachment via Edit screen). However, I added an image to the record via SP. On the Detail screen in PA, the image is available and I can open it.

YogeshJain
Level: Powered On

could someone from Microsoft, please help us in using this control for sharepoint lists

MelindaK
Level 8

@Anonymous, per this idea comments, looks like for now we will only be able to "only view attachments in SharePoint lists"...

MelindaK
YogeshJain

But how to even view. . As described in guide, I can't find attachment field under data field.
MelindaK
Level 8

@YogeshJain it might not be available for your tenant yet... If you look in the last comment on the link I have posted, it says that this feature is still being rolled out.

MelindaK
Microsoft Employee

Assuming that you have a gallery called gallery1 on your form and it's data is set to a sharepoint list that has attachments then you can set the items property to "Gallery1.Selected.'{Attachments}'" on the Attachment control to show your attachments:

YogeshJain

Dear @JohnLandgrave

I followed the steps provided by you. but when I type Gallery1.Selected.  (I can see fields like '{Identifier}', '{Link}' etc. but not {attachments }. 

Probably it is currently not available on our tenant or still I am doing something wrong.

Regards,

Yogesh