cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WohaibHA
Level: Power Up

Auto generate of screens for each table in my SQL database

Hi there,

I am new to PowerApps. I was using Microsoft Light switch in 2014. Now, I want to use PowerApps with our existing SQL database.

My question, how to let PowerApps create the three screens (Brows, Veiw, Add/Edit) for EACH table in the database.

I can do that only for the first table, then I got lost where to let PowerApps do the screens of the rest of the tables!!

I appreciate your help.

Hasan

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Auto generate of screens for each table in my SQL database

I don't think there is anything in PowerApps that will generate a set of forms for each table in the database in a single app when you start from data. But you can definately replicate the pattern of the 3 screens for the first table for each additional table manually.  There is just no way to do multiple tables automatically.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
v-yutliu-msft
Level 10

Hi @WohaibHA ,

I suggest tou choose start from data instead of from blank.

This will automatically generate an app according to your data source. 6172_LI.jpg

The generated app may not meet your requirments fully, remember to customize it.

Here's a doc about Brows, Veiw, Add/Edit for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-forms

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

WohaibHasan

Thanks  Pstork1.

it is surprising  that Microsoft did not think of this. At least i should select what table to have the 3 screens auto-generated.

In light switch, I would choose the table, and then light switch will generate the screens for me. I thought in PowerApps, it will be more advance J

WohaibHasan

Thanks Phoebe Liu , it seems I need to read a lot.

I have tied this long time ago when the power apps just started. it auto-generate the three screens for only one table. Then i got lost where to have PowerApps generate the 3 screen for the next table Smiley Sad .

I will try it again.

Super User
Super User

There are also features in PowerApps that LightSwitch didn't provide.  It wasn't designed to be a direct replacement so you can't expect feature parity.

In terms of which table it creates the forms for it should be the first table you pick when specifying the connector.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.