cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesmatson
Level: Powered On

Barcode scanner control shows 'junk' data

I am experimenting with the barcode scanner control to scan an EAN barcode on a product. While eventually the right barcode appears in the bound textbox as I move the product around, before that it's like a lot of random numbers appear - constantly changing? And then after the successful barcode shows up, I have to hold the product VERY still, otherwise the values change to junk data again (random numbers etc.). Is there any way to prevent this rubbish data / wrong scans from appearing? And just keep the text box blank until the right barcode is recognised? I can take a video if that will help explain it, it's hard to explain in text what's happening. 

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Barcode scanner control shows 'junk' data

Sorry that the Barcode Scanner is not very stable as it should be.

Please read the following blog for how to work with it:

Barcode scanner in PowerApps

There would be a Red line crossed with the yellow box if the data has been full scanned.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
LABORSAL

Hello @jamesmatson!

I recently built an application which scans a barcode. In my experience the barcode control was not really working well.

I'd suggest you activate the experimental "Enable Scan Barcode Function" for your app and using ScanBarcode() instead, this function calls for the phone or tablet's native scanner and it worked considerably better for me.

If you decide to do this do consider that the PC version will do nothing (so testing must be done in the phone).

jamesmatson

That sounds like good advice, but what about a Surface Pro tablet - will your experimental mode work on that? That’s my audience.
LABORSAL

I don't have a Surface to test it, but you can make a quick app just to check if the scan is done correctly.