Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deltron3030
Level: Powered On

Bring a record from one source to another one

Hi All,

Currently I'm struggling with moving an existing record from one Source table to another one. I don't have experience with PowerApps, but will try to put the details as simple as possible:

Some background - I made an app which is recording persons details and timings in one entry (there is an EditForm connected to Excel file for that purpose - "current" database), Home screen is an gallery which is showing all active entries with countdown timings (the records are taken from same Excel "current" database). Once the action is finished I want to remove the person details and its timings from Home screen (at this point i'm doing this by Remove button on each entry (person)) and save it in separated source table with name "completed" - this will help me to remove the information of the completed action from Home screen and save it as a record (like an archive) for future reference/statistics.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
iamlee
Level 8

Re: Bring a record from one source to another one

The approach I did was to create a 'status' column you can then have values there such as 'Open' & 'Completed'. 

On your gallery then, you filter it to only display anything that is 'Open'. 

Deltron3030
Level: Powered On

Thank you, 

Actually that was my plan B, and it's working fine with filter option. The only issue is that I'm unable to setup a button in Gallery home screen which is updating the record's value.

Now I'm having an "Active" column in my database and my Gallery filter is showing only records with "1", my idea is to setup a button in HomeScreen for each specific record which purpose is to change "Active" value from 1 to 0.  Unfortunately that doesn't work -  I believe that the function which I'm using (UpdateContext) is only screen specific?

The expression is something like this: UpdateContext({Active:"0"})

iamlee
Level 8

OnStart properties of your main screen, set the initial value.
Set(Criteria,1) - use ‘Criteria’ as variable when you filter your gallery. (E.g Filter(Table, Active = Criteria)

Then on a button on the screen, put that UpdateContext on ‘OnSelect’ properties.

Then