cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcopeland
Level: Powered On

Browser crashes after submitting SharePoint PowerApp form

Hi everyone,

I'm currently building a custom sharepoint form using powerapps and flow. I'm close to the end of the apps development and suddenly the app has started to crash when submitted.

IE displays a "Something went wrong. Access is denied." on the list.

Chrome becomes unresponcive, jumps to 100% CPU usage and asks if you want to terminate the page.

Nothing has changed with the data source, but I'm wondering if something with the datasource became corrupted. Looking for options before I double the development time and rebuild the app from scratch.

Please let me know if there is information that would help solve this issue.

- Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Browser crashes after submitting SharePoint PowerApp form

Hi @pcopeland ,

Could you please share a bit more about the issue within your custom form?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Based on the error message that you mentioned, it seems to tell that there is something wrong with the Authorization within your SP list custom form.

Please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser, then sign in your SP list with your proper account, try your custom form again, check if the issue is solved.

Note: Please make sure you sign in your SP list with a proper account, which has enough permisson to access the SP list. Also please make sure that your sign in account own Office 365 include PowerApps license at least for using custom form.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to delete the custom form from your SP list, then re-create a new one for it, check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
10 REPLIES 10
KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

Do you use IE, then first try to open the app and try to do it in a chrome browser. Just to see if the browser is the problem.

If so, try to Save As your app en do above again.

Still no luck, then restore to a few versions back and see if it works now

Let us know if this resolves your issue.

Paul
pcopeland

Hi @KroonOfficeSol,

I've ran it in both browsers, see my notes on that above.

I've tried restoring back and still no luck.

KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

Paul,

This problem also occures in edit mode, right?

You said chrome uses 100%, so I'm wondering if it could be an infinite loop. So you could try to disconnect the datasources/flows one by one. This should then give an error instead of an infinite loop.

Also you could try to share the app to another tenand with eidt right and see if this trnand can open the app without this problem. Then save as the app and share it back. See if it opens again and save as again to have you as an owner.

Hope one of these options work for you.

Paul
pcopeland

Hi Paul,

The issue only occures when I submit a form. If I disconnect the sharepoint dataconnection from a custom sharepoint form, will I be able to reconnect it?

Other developers are also encountering the same issue.

KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

I don't see a reason why you could't reconnect. So I would try to delete it and reconnect to see what happens. Maybe the connection is corrupt and your submit has as a result that the autentification is repeating every time.

Offcourse I couldn't know the precise problem, but it is a shot at a solution I would think.

pcopeland

If I delete the connection, I'm deleting it for 6 other powerapps that are not crashing. Is there any other solution we can try first so I don't have to reconnect dataconnections for all these apps?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pcopeland ,

Could you please share a bit more about the issue within your custom form?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Based on the error message that you mentioned, it seems to tell that there is something wrong with the Authorization within your SP list custom form.

Please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser, then sign in your SP list with your proper account, try your custom form again, check if the issue is solved.

Note: Please make sure you sign in your SP list with a proper account, which has enough permisson to access the SP list. Also please make sure that your sign in account own Office 365 include PowerApps license at least for using custom form.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to delete the custom form from your SP list, then re-create a new one for it, check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pcopeland

Hi @v-xida-msft,

I've tried clearing my cache. I also resigned in on O365, this account has PowerApps Plan 1.

I'll go ahead and rebuild the app. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pcopeland ,

Have you taken a try to re-create your custom form?

Does this issue still occur?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 19 members 4,375 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: