cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RKushner
Level: Powered On

Can I create a form with a grid for bulk entry into a SharePoint list?

I need to create a power app that would allow users a fast easy way to do a bulk insert into a SharePoint list; allow for manual data validation, and finally insert the data into the SharePoint list.

I expect there would be a data entry form with a grid for details that change on every row, and a section at the top for the fields which apply to all of the new rows. 

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Can I create a form with a grid for bulk entry into a SharePoint list?

Hi @RKushner,

Applogize to say that I may not get your points.

PowerApps currently could update/Submit Multiple records with function Patch () and ForAll () together, but there is no related controls which could be used to display the records being submitted.

For form control, currently it is only available to display a single record for the specified data source.

If here you would like to display multiple records together, the available control is Gallery or Data Table, those controls are able to show records already exist in the data source, it is not available to show the records being updated to the data source (for editing purpose).

If I have any misunderstandings, please let me know.

And you could submit an idea if you are requesting a control which would be available to show( and be able to edit ) all records being updated, in the following page:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.