cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koops
Level: Powered On

Carry-over EditForm data

G'day

New to PowerApps. I've searched for a solution, but havn't found one, and would appreciate some help.

I have an EditForm that writes to a sharepoint list. I have a botton that submits the form using the code SubmitForm(EditForm1);Navigate(EditScreen1,ScreenTransition.Fade);NewForm(EditForm1).

This returns a clean EditForm to enter the next record. Of the 11 fields, three of them will stay the same during each data entry event. Each data entry event will comprise about 200 records, and for the fields that won't change during a data entry event (e.g. Sampling Location), I'd like to carry over the value from the previous record - so Sampling Location only needs to be entered once.

I'm sure this is simple, but perhaps lacking the right search terms.

Thanks

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Carry-over EditForm data

Hi @Koops,

You use the Form1.LastSubmit.columnname as the default property of the textboxes in the cards of your edit form instead of parent.default. Where form1 is the name of your form and columnname is the column name you want to save from your last successfully submitted form.

Koops

G'day

Thanks for your help, but it hasn't worked for me.

The fields I want to carry over are dropdown boxes, and I put  EditForm1.LastSubmit.mycolumnname  in the DefaultSelectedItems property of the DataCardValue.  But when I submit the new data, the whole form is returned blank.

Do you think that NewForm(EditForm1) overwrites the call for LastSubmit?

Thanks again

Matt

Koops

I've worked it out for myself.  I put Last('ListName').Field1 in the DefaultSelectedItems.

Cheers

Matt