cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthewshaw
Level: Powered On

Changing value of check box

Hi

I am looking to create a questionnaire, where users can provide feedback on what they think of the app. Once users have typed in responses, I have made an e-mail flow, so that the answers go to my e-mail address. The only issue I am having is getting the check box in the screenshot to work properly. Ideally I would like the check box to return 'yes' if it has been selected and 'no' if it has not. I've set up an initialize variable with the following code, and I have added the expression into the body of my email. Is what I have done correct, and do I need to add this into the OnSelect on PowerApps itself? I've also included a screenshot of the flow I created if it makes things a little clearer.

Thanks

If(triggerBody()['FBCheckboxYes_Value'],'Yes','No')

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Changing value of check box

Sure

So, your Trigger needs to be PowerApps and you tell it to get your values from there.

Create a Flow and the Trigger is PowerApps then the step below that can be to send an email. You want two things that you click "Ask in Powerapps" for...your Starts Given and your Check box value (doesn't matter what Flow calls them). -- See Image for example of what it should look like.

Save your Flow and go into your app.

Then in your app connect to your Flow and you need a button and it should be:

FlowName.Run(Rating1.Value,(If(Checkbox1.Value=true,"Yes","No")))

I put an Image for an example of that too. 

So this is saying when I click this button run my Flow and send these two results to Flow...the Rating Value and "Yes" or "No" depending on the checkbox value.

Let me know if this doesn't do what you are needing.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

If you want the value to carry from PowerApps to Flow you will need to include it in the OnSelect of your App that runs the Flow. 

You can convert the true to yes in Flow or what I would do is put a hidden label in the app that has your If Statement as the value and then refer that label as the value that pulls into Flow.

matthewshaw

Hi Thanks for your help, but I'm new to powerapps and I'm still really confused on what to do here. Would it be possible to show me some screenshots of what to do?

Thanks

Super User
Super User

Sure

So, your Trigger needs to be PowerApps and you tell it to get your values from there.

Create a Flow and the Trigger is PowerApps then the step below that can be to send an email. You want two things that you click "Ask in Powerapps" for...your Starts Given and your Check box value (doesn't matter what Flow calls them). -- See Image for example of what it should look like.

Save your Flow and go into your app.

Then in your app connect to your Flow and you need a button and it should be:

FlowName.Run(Rating1.Value,(If(Checkbox1.Value=true,"Yes","No")))

I put an Image for an example of that too. 

So this is saying when I click this button run my Flow and send these two results to Flow...the Rating Value and "Yes" or "No" depending on the checkbox value.

Let me know if this doesn't do what you are needing.

matthewshaw

Hi this works now, many thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 83 members 4,484 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: