cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Atin
Level: Powered On

Combo box data lost when navigating when between screens

Hi Everyone,

I have a powerapp containing 3 screens (each having an edit form) connected with same Sharepoint list to save data (like a wizard). Everything was working fine until Powerapps version "3.18062.26" was released. I made a small text change to the already Live app and now it is not working properly. I have 3 combo boxes on screen1. User enters data on screen 1 and navigates to screen 2(NewForm(frmSecond);Navigate(Second,Fade)). When navigating back to first screen (Navigate(First,Fade)), combobox selection is cleared out (and mandatory red stars are shining again). This bug has appeared in new release. Has anyone else faced this issue? Any workarounds?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Employee

Re: Combo box data lost when navigating when between screens

Hello Atin,

This is a known issue which was fixed in version 3.18071. That version should be released on July 4th.

If you need an immediate workaround, please switch to "Render in classic mode" from the applications advanced settings/experimental features. Please do not forget to switch back to enhanced rendering mode through after upgrading to 3.18071

8 REPLIES 8
Microsoft Employee

Hello Atin,

This is a known issue which was fixed in version 3.18071. That version should be released on July 4th.

If you need an immediate workaround, please switch to "Render in classic mode" from the applications advanced settings/experimental features. Please do not forget to switch back to enhanced rendering mode through after upgrading to 3.18071

Atin

Thanks for sharing information on this. Seems to be working fine in "Render in classic mode".

NigelP
Level 8

Hi

When will this be pushed out to UK Tenancies ?  At midnight UK Time ?

I have just spent a couple of days trying to work around this.

Will I have to remove all of the formulae I have introduced to get get around this ?

Will there be some documentation to go with the release, to explain how to use Combo boxes for exmple on Edit SCreens ?

I have found Combo Boxes very rustrating to use with little documentation.  Eg What is the minimum I need to set to get a combobox to work with an edit screen. The fact that losing data when when I navigate away from a screen (does this include losing data like DisplayFields ?) really did muddy the waters when trying to get Comboboxes working with Edit Screen.

REgards

Nigel

Atin

Re: All data updates lost when navigating when between screens

So everything was working fine after switching rendering to classis mode. But now, this issue has re-occurred and for all the controls. The issue is reproducble in both "Improved App rendering" On and Off. I am trying to edit couple of fields in 2 two powerapp forms (both on different screens) belonging to the same sharepoint list. Here is the scenario:

I edit(change text) some fields on the first screen, and then navigate to the second screen and then come back to the first screen. The data is again refreshed from the SharePoint list overwriting my changes. Now i have to edit again. Then i go to second screen to submit and send patch update, only find my changes lost on second screen also. 

Form DefaultMode is Edit and Item is set as First(Filter('List Name',ID= Value(itemId)))

This powerapps version is "3.18114.25". This is very irritating issue. Please help. I have a demo and subsequent release this coming friday.

Thanks in advance.

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@Atin We can repro the issue and we are investigating the root cause.  In the meantime, can you please tell me the last known good version the app was published in?  You can view all versions from the Portal > Apps > {your app} > ... (More commands) > Details > Versions.

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@Atin We have identified the root cause but a fix may take some time.  In the meantime, you can use an older version of Studio to edit and re-publish your app:  https://create.powerapps.com/v3.18113.22.98407469/studio/#

If your app won't open, you may need to restore a previous version (from the versions page mentioned in the previous post) that is less than or equal to 3.18113. 

Mira_Ghaly

Any updates about the issue since we can't open the app with the below version of editor and also we can't restore an old version so is there is any expectations when the issue might be solved?

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

@Mira_Ghaly A fix has been committed and is expected to be deployed the week of Feb 18 (end of). Until then, you may try disabling Delayed load in App settings -> Advanced settings.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 29 members 3,862 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: