cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ContentGroup
Level: Powered On

ComboBox randomly does not keep value after navigate to new screen

I'm having an issue with an issue with the some of my comboboxes sometimes not keeping its value after navigating to another screen.

Each of my screens are tied to another datasource (different Sharepoint lists), when a user clicks on the button to move to the next screen, the current screen submits the form and on success it moves to the next screen.  The default mode for each screen is edit.  the comboboxes have defaultsselecteditem set like the following:

LookUp(dd_Activity, Title = ThisItem.Activity_x0020_Code)

When I navigate back to the screen which was submitted at times one or two comboboxes may be missing their values.  This doesn't happen all the time.  Anyone else experience something similar to this?  Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: ComboBox randomly does not keep value after navigate to new screen

Hi @ContentGroup ,

Are these combo boxes from multiple choices enabled Choice columns in SharePoint list or what? What is the Items property of the combo box control?

About LookUp(dd_Activity, Title = ThisItem.Activity_x0020_Code), is "dd_Activity" the SharePoint list name of current Form? What is "Activity Code" column's data type? Or is this combo box a Lookup column and its source information is from dd_Activity's Title field?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ContentGroup

@v-monli-msft the source for the combobox options are from another Sharepoint list (the name of the list for this combobox is dd_Activity, which the title field contains the drop-down options).  When the powerapp is submitted all of the data is stored in a text field in another Sharepoint list (under a field entitled Activity Code).

I have several comboboxes on this form which work the same way connecting to different sharepoint lists for the options.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Highlighted
ContentGroup

@v-monli-msft Have you seen anything similar to this happening before?

ContentGroup

I've come to the conclusion that Powerapps must have some sort of issue running a LookUp on several comboboxes for the defaultselecteditems on a form.  

The form source stores the combobox selected values as text field and the lookup uses the text to lookup a table values different Sharepoint lists.  I know the source text is okay, because it outputs correctly to a label.  I have a feeling that there is some sort of timeout when loading an edit form and populating 7 comboboxes' with defaultselecteditems.  The issue happens only intermittently, and if I replicate it in Powerapps studio, I can go to the combobox which does not receive a value and put a space after the the LookUp statement and the value then populates.

combobox.PNGValue didn't show up for Yardcombobox2.PNGJust added a space after LookUp(dd_Facility, Title = ThisItem.Yard) and now the yard shows up, I guess the change prompted a refresh of the default selected item

If anyone knows a way to debug this further it would be appreciated.