cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geordie
Level: Powered On

Conditionally show object based on data

Hi there folks. I'm a powerapps beginner and am having trouble with a contact list app I'm making that backends to an Excel sheet table. The app manages volunteers that do one or more of say five tasks, so fields are firstname, lastname, canhelpwithtask1, canhelpwithtask2... etc to canhelpwithtask5 with a first name, last name, and TRUE or FALSE in each column that represents a task.

Rather than have canhelpwithtask1: false on a data card, I'd like to format it almost as notes, conditionally showing "can help make morning tea" depending on the TRUE value in that column.  Can someone direct me to how? ThisItem that I've used on the main list screen doesn't seem available so I can't e.g. create a text label and set its visibility conditionally on ThisItem.Canhelpwithtask1 = TRUE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Geordie

Re: Conditionally show object based on data

Sorry folks figured it out myself. You can't access the ThisItem from e.g. a text label but you can by inserting a custom card, then having the text label be a child of that. Then you can conditionally set the visibility based on ThisItem.candotask1

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Geordie

Re: Conditionally show object based on data

Sorry folks figured it out myself. You can't access the ThisItem from e.g. a text label but you can by inserting a custom card, then having the text label be a child of that. Then you can conditionally set the visibility based on ThisItem.candotask1

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 108 members 4,858 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: