Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RLBeckWith
Level: Power Up

Connect to Outlook365 Calendar

Hello All,

Trying to connect a powerapps calendar with a Gallery to Outlook365 calendar. When I try thi in studio, nothing happens. I can't connect to Outlook365 as a datasource. I want to be able to modify the calendar in Outlook365 for multipke peopke, is this even possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Connect to Outlook365 Calendar

Hi @RLBeckWith 

Before we go into how to show Calendar items in the gallery, you should know that unless the account you are using has the rights to edit those other people's Calendars, then it will be impossible to accomplish this - as you can't use PowerApps to override any existing permissions set via Office365 - and even if it did have rights, I'm not sure it can pull others' Calendars as the connector uses your currently logged-in user's details.

So the quickest and easiest way to view your own Outlook Calendar items (before Filtering etc), is to create a dropdown, set it to

Office365.CalendarGetTables().value

Then create a gallery, and set it to 

Office365.CalendarGetItems(Dropdown1.Selected.Name).value

Then you could chagne the gallery to suit what data you wanted to Show, ie Subject or Time

image.png

And you could filter that further using a Filter function with DateTimeCreated >Today()

and then have an OnSelect for the arrow do something like Office365.CalendarDeleteItemV2(TableName, Event):
image.png

Hopefully this is enough information to get you started towards your solution - or else as I stated in the beginning, if you want to edit others' calendars, the account that is currently logged into PowerApps needs the rights to edit those Calendars, and even if it had those rights, I'm not sure how you would open those Calendars using the Office365 Outlook Connector - I don't think it's currently possible directly from PowerApps - you might be able to use Flow to run an Azure function as a service account (which had admin rights to all required accounts) and then have it add items. Or use Flow to add to shared Calendar (which I know is currently possible). Or use Flow to send out a meeting invite to those users?

Anyway, I hope this information was helpful,

Kind Regards,

@iAm_ManCat 

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' and 'Thumbs Up' those who deserve it!
1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Connect to Outlook365 Calendar

Hi @RLBeckWith 

Before we go into how to show Calendar items in the gallery, you should know that unless the account you are using has the rights to edit those other people's Calendars, then it will be impossible to accomplish this - as you can't use PowerApps to override any existing permissions set via Office365 - and even if it did have rights, I'm not sure it can pull others' Calendars as the connector uses your currently logged-in user's details.

So the quickest and easiest way to view your own Outlook Calendar items (before Filtering etc), is to create a dropdown, set it to

Office365.CalendarGetTables().value

Then create a gallery, and set it to 

Office365.CalendarGetItems(Dropdown1.Selected.Name).value

Then you could chagne the gallery to suit what data you wanted to Show, ie Subject or Time

image.png

And you could filter that further using a Filter function with DateTimeCreated >Today()

and then have an OnSelect for the arrow do something like Office365.CalendarDeleteItemV2(TableName, Event):
image.png

Hopefully this is enough information to get you started towards your solution - or else as I stated in the beginning, if you want to edit others' calendars, the account that is currently logged into PowerApps needs the rights to edit those Calendars, and even if it had those rights, I'm not sure how you would open those Calendars using the Office365 Outlook Connector - I don't think it's currently possible directly from PowerApps - you might be able to use Flow to run an Azure function as a service account (which had admin rights to all required accounts) and then have it add items. Or use Flow to add to shared Calendar (which I know is currently possible). Or use Flow to send out a meeting invite to those users?

Anyway, I hope this information was helpful,

Kind Regards,

@iAm_ManCat 

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' and 'Thumbs Up' those who deserve it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 115 members 4,191 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: