cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgundavarapu
Level: Powered On

Connecting Sharepoint list to approval flow

Hello all,

I am currently building a Leave Request app within PowerApps and I had a couple of questions about the workflow and how best to implement an automated process as follows.

Sharepoint and Approval Workflow.

Right now, each leave request submission(within PowerApps) creates an approval flow and adds the request to the sharepoint list. The approval updates this item in the list and sends emails to the requestor indicating that their request has been approved.

A different part of the app shows the manager a queue of all requests submitted to him/her to approve. This screen simply filters the sharepoint list on the Manager Name field and pressing the Approve/Reject button on the app executes a different flow that updates the Sharepoint list and sends the emails to the requestor indicating the action taken.

Now, I want to merge these two flows in a way where the approval flows are deleted for those requests where the manager took an action through the app. For example, if I submit a request to Bob, Bob gets an email from Microsoft Flow indicating the same. And, Bob has the option to either approve through the email/approval flow or go onto the app, view the details of my request and then approve from within the app. If Bob approves through the email/approval flow, everything is golden since the app only filters those that Bob has left to approve the next time he signs into the app. But, if Bob approves through the app, the approval flow that was created still remains in his/her queue the next time Bob logs into flow. Is there a way to sync up both by the ID of the sharepoint list or something?

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Connecting Sharepoint list to approval flow

HI @sgundavarapu,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you send the approval email using MS Flow?

Do you want to make a response to the Approval request through an app or email/approval flow (in Approval Center in MS Flow portal)?

Further, do you want to delete the corresponding Approval request (Approval flow that you mentioned) within the Approval Center in your MS Flow portal when you approve this Approval request through your app?

I have made a test on my side, if you want to delete the corresponding Approval request (Approval flow that you mentioned) within the Approval Center in your MS Flow portal when you approve this Approval request through your app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs.

If you send an approval email using "Start an approval" action or "Send email with options" action (action of Outlook connector) in a flow (MS Flow), you could only made a response to this Approval request within Outlook email or Approval Center in your MS Flow portal.

In addition, there is no other way to delete the Approval requests in Approval Center in MS Flow portal currently, except approving this Approval Request within Approval Center (in MS Flow portal) or Outlook email.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Microsoft Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

Follow PowerApps on Twitter

Stay Up-to-Date by following PowerApps on Twitter

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 48 members 4,349 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: