cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsimcoe
Level: Power Up

Creating Power App from a sharepoint list

If I create a Power App based on a SharePoint list, is there a way to get the Power App to automatically add new columns that I add to my SharePoint list? For instance, I created a demo with 10 data points for a user to fill in. The real app will have closer to 20-30. Since I already built the demo is there a way to get these new fields that I add to the list to automatically update in the app or do I have to go back and create the app again, thus losing any custom additions I may have added. 

Thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

Re: Creating Power App from a sharepoint list

@rsimcoe you do not have to re-create the app. After adding new fields open your app for authoring and you will see the new fields in the fields list. Add the fields wherever required (form, gallery, etc.) and then save and publish the new version of the app.

We do not automatically add new fields in forms (or other controls) since that varies based on the scenario i.e. in many scenarios may not want new fields to automatically start showing up. 

Thanks

Anees

1 REPLY 1
PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

Re: Creating Power App from a sharepoint list

@rsimcoe you do not have to re-create the app. After adding new fields open your app for authoring and you will see the new fields in the fields list. Add the fields wherever required (form, gallery, etc.) and then save and publish the new version of the app.

We do not automatically add new fields in forms (or other controls) since that varies based on the scenario i.e. in many scenarios may not want new fields to automatically start showing up. 

Thanks

Anees

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 49 members 4,341 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: