cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RumorRyder
Level: Powered On

Re: Creating a Time Tracking (Timesheet) PowerApp using SharePoint lists

Here is a link to a short video of an example of the users end of an app I have built to track hours.

I don't have a video showing the admin sections, but there are different screens available based on the users group permissions. If they are a member of the team configured with this app, then they are considered managers and can see the admin screens where they can edit time, approve time submitted, list block out dates so users can't enter time on dates that they are not allowed (like snow days for example), and create reports (still working on the reports piece at the moment). I have attached a screenshot of what the admin screen looks like for reference.

The biggest thing I wanted to keep in mind when creating this app was for it to be simple for the end user to navigate, because if they can't figure it out or if it's too complicated to navigate, they simply won't use it! So definitely keep the end user in mind when you create your apps.

sgrpdl

The video link is not working; can you plz share once again (working link)

RumorRyder

Apologies. Try the updated link in my post and let me know if it works. Thanks!

sgrpdl

Hi, Video Link that you shared is restricted one (pvt), can you make it public.

RumorRyder

I've placed it on YouTube, maybe this time it will work. I updated the link to the text in my original post.

KarlHoffmaster

One good solution would be to create a gallery and have the user create new records in the gallery.  You can have a drop-down field outside the gallery to select the week ending date and then an "Add Record" button.  Each click of the button adds a blank record with the selected Week End date to the collection that is feeding the gallery.  In the gallery, you can have a dropdown to select the project IDs and a field to enter total hours.  

Outside the gallery, at the bottom, you can have a total hours field that sums all of the hours text boxes within the gallery. 

The trick to saving all of the entries one time, versus one at a time is to add a "Save" button outside of the gallery that utilizes the "ForAll" function.  This function will loop through each record in the gallery and perform a patch statement to the table of your choice to add each record as new.  You would keep your current process for editing existing records one at a time.

This is an example of how the “ForAll” patch statement would look:

ForAll('GalleryName'.AllItems),

Patch('[dbo].['TableName']',Defaults('[dbo].['TableName']') , 

{TableColumn1 : GalleryField1,

TableColumn2 : GalleryField2,

TableColum3 : GalleryField3,

TableColumn4 : GalleryField4,

TableColumn5 : GalleryField5,

})

This is the link to the "ForAll" function:   https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-forall

Confluent
sgrpdl

What if

a) user has to sent montly timesheet for approval? 
b) Also has to include leave/holiday/vacation.

c) working hours has to be divided based on diffrent projects for whole months.

d) Also need to calculate cumulative time (Cumulative time % = Total hours project wise/total working hours
e) Need to calculate: Total Hours Project wise, Total Working Hours and Total Non - Working Hours and Cumulative % 

f) As we know diffrent month has diffrent days, eg feb 29, sept 30, Jan 31 and so-on. So how to move for same as well.

I am trying to replicate attached excel type in timesheet form.

any suggestion how to move.

sgrpdl

@KarlHoffmaster 

You can have a drop-down field outside the gallery to select the week ending date and then an "Add Record" button.  Each click of the button adds a blank record with the selected Week End date to the collection that is feeding the gallery. 

- How can we have that if i need to make monthly time sheet; can you show the example. I did not got above?

Suppose If i have to make month time sheet then how can i have hours box for each day

eg. Jan has 31st days, feb has 29 days.

sgrpdl

I am stucked here as my req is bit diffrent. Can any expert help me.

Main difficult thing that I am facing is in working hours part on day-dates(d1-hrs, d2-hrs, d3-hrs .... ). I want to display like calendar based on monnts basis but could not. I have made text box with name D1-hours, D2-Hours which appear hide based on month that i select but this is not that friendly as users wont able to know which day & Dates is that (sun-6/5,mon-6/6,tue-6/7,wed-6/6 and so on..) + I am not able to calculate total non working hours and show total leave/holidays/vacation. any suggestion would be great..

plz see my try imaget-shtt-try.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 72 members 4,509 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: