Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a choice list apps from a sharpoint list

Hello!

I'm working on an app in which the user have to select the work method he uses to add it to his profile.

I think I lack some serious knowledge on power apps and it's totally blocking me.

I did some drawing for a better understanding of my problems. First here is the datas I want to use, it is store on a sharepint list:

sharpoint.PNG

Here is the drawing of the first screen:screen_one.png

My goal is to create a mobile application in which the user will select the Domain Activity (Red) and right under this DA the correspong Activities (Orange) will be display. The user has then to choose one and will get on the second screen:screen_two.png

The screen would display the variant activity description (red) and he clicked on one the buisness value (orange) coresponding to this activity will be display under it.

I hope I have been clear on my goals. If not do not hesitate to ask me.

I have two main problems:

How can I display all the possible Activities in a Domain Activity right under it? Is it even possible?

And when the user selects it how will I be able to display the variant corresponding to the activity he selected  in the past screen?

My main issue in power apps is that I don't understand how the variable in the table can be called, there is no tab[i] on wich you can applie a function and it really lost me as a developer.

I hope my english wasn't too bad and that you could understand me. I'm also sorry for all the mistakes I must have made.

Best regards,

Bastien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

Re: Creating a choice list apps from a sharpoint list

@Anonymous

For Gallery1_2, change the expression in Items from

Distinct(
 Filter(test1_powerapps_list, m60j = DA.Selected.m60j),
 trwe
)

to

Distinct(
 Filter(test1_powerapps_list, m60j = DA.Selected.Result),
 trwe
)

Since you are using Distinct on the DA gallery, it does not have a m60j field anymore. It only has Result.

Thanks

Anees

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

How do you display the Domain Activity within your first screen? Do you use a Gallery control to display them?

Further, do you want to display corresponding Business values (Orange) when you click the Domain Activity (Red)?

I have made a test on my side, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kris,

I wanted to display the Domain Activities as a list on the screen. And if the user click on an element, I wanted to display the coresponding Activities. I just noticed a mistake in my first drawing: orange are the activites not blue.

And the second drawing is a different screen in which other elements of the sharepoint list (and have the same domain activity and activity) are to be displayed.

I first used a gallery control using the Distinct function to display the domain activity only once. Is it not possible to insert some kind of "spoiler" under the correponding Domain Activity In which would be the Activities?

And if not, can I create two screens: the first would be a control gallery with the Domain Activities, once a DA is clicked on we navigate to the second screen and there would be the Activities from the Domain Activity selected.

Is it possible?

Best Regards,

Bastien

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

If you want to display corresponding Business values (Orange) when you click the Domain Activity (Red) within one Gallery control, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to create two different Gallery controls within two screens. The Gallery control (Gallery1) within first screen (Screen1) is for Domain Activities, the Gallery control (Gallery2) within second screen (Screen2) is for corresponding Activities under the selected Domain Activities.

Set the OnSelect property of the Gallery1 control within first screen (Screen1)to following formula:

Navigate(Screen2,ScreenTransition.None)

Set the Items property of the Gallery2 control within the second screen (Screen2) to following formula:

Distinct(
Filter(datasource,DomainActivity=Gallery1.Selected.DomainActivity),
Activity
)

Then within the Gallery2, add a Label control, set the Text property to following formula:

ThisItem.Result

Note: The DomainActivity represents the column within your data source to store the Domain Activity value. The Activity represents the column within your data source to store the Activity value.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Kris,

I trid the function but it seems I did something wrong here are my screenshots m60j being my Activity collumn and trwe my Variant column :

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Best Regards,

Bastien

PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

@Anonymous

For Gallery1_2, change the expression in Items from

Distinct(
 Filter(test1_powerapps_list, m60j = DA.Selected.m60j),
 trwe
)

to

Distinct(
 Filter(test1_powerapps_list, m60j = DA.Selected.Result),
 trwe
)

Since you are using Distinct on the DA gallery, it does not have a m60j field anymore. It only has Result.

Thanks

Anees

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Annes,

Thank you it now work perfectly! And I finally understood the result variable.

Best regards,

Bastien

PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

Thanks @Anonymous glad it worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 52 members 4,360 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: