Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Luke_Timmins
Level 8

D365 Cross Company Writing and Updating Records

Hi, 

Currently MS PowerApps is limited to writing data / updating records in the default company set on a user profile. There should be the ability to write / update records to all legal entities the user has access to. 

Thanks, 

Luke 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: D365 Cross Company Writing and Updating Records

Hi @Luke_Timmins ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Currently, there is no official doc mentioned about the limits on writing data / updating records to D365 Entities.

Actually, the PowerApps app inherits data access permissions from data source itself. Please check if your end users have enough permission to access the data source.

In addition, some complex Entity or Restricted Entity need additional D365 licenses for it, please check if the Entity you want other users to access needs additional D365 licenses.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Luke_Timmins
Level 8

Re: D365 Cross Company Writing and Updating Records

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

Currently this may indeed be a D365 Finance and Operations issue but when you are writing data back to dynamics using the connector you can only create or modify records against the legal entity that has been set to your default in the user profile page. 

Often a user will work across different legal entities which then makes the citizen developer invent creative work around's . One of which is to update the users default legal entity within the app before trying to update a different legal entity. Another option is to have more than one account which has different default legal entity.

None of these work around's in my opinion are viable solutions. Especially if you have simultaneously running apps. 

I hope this all makes sense. 

Thanks, 

Luke

p.s. this is not a security or licensing restrction I am setup as system admin and can access the required data entities, the issue is working cross legal entities. i.e. the cross-company odata parameter

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 122 members 4,579 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: