cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scootter
Level: Powered On

Data Table dissappearing

Hi,

I am sure this is an easy fix, but it is driving me crazy! (Luckily that won't use much fuel Smiley Happy ).

I have a form and need to apply forumale to several fields to control when they do and do not appear.

That part is fine, and I understand the formulae.

When I go into the form via Customize form from the SP List, I have a lovely Data table which shows all of the columns from my list, so I can add / remove / re-sort and most importantly, access the view parameter to edit the formula, so far so good.

Data Field 4.JPG

In this case I want to add a formula to contain visibility for the Remediation Steps Taken Field.

So it's easy as I just go to Advanced Options, and make the change to the Visibility Field.

Data Field 5.JPG

However, as soon as I go into this field, the table dissappears and I cannot get this view back:

Data Field 2.JPG

I can use the 'Edit Fields' to get this view, but that does not give me access to Advanced options, only the chance to move it up or down, and, if it's not on the form view on the left, I cannot do anything with it. Smiley Sad

Data Field 6.JPG

This means that for every single field I want to change, I need to go into the form, make one change, go out and back in again.

There has to be a better way! 

Any help is appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Data Table dissappearing

Hi @scootter,

What’s the column type of “Remediation Steps Taken”?

According to your description, I have tried with the following steps to show or hide certain field, which is working fine. The issue you mentioned that data table disappearing didn’t occur.

First, customize form from the SharePoint list.

Then unlock the Employee field and set its Visible property with the following code, which will show the Employee data card if Number greater than 0:

If(Value(DataCardValue6.Text)>0,true,false)

The formula itself works fine. Besides, I could switch to different data card to edit them in Advanced mode without going out and then back in again.

1.PNG

Please take it for a reference and try again.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
scootter
Level: Powered On

Re: Data Table dissappearing

Hi Mabel,

I think you missed the heart of my issue.

I can edit the field's properties without any issue, the issue I have is that the initial entry to the PowerApps screen displays the Data Table, with ALL of the fields possible (Columns from the list), but once I change one, it dissappears and the only field available are the ones active in the form.

So this table is the one I want to keep: