Highlighted
daniellemaree
Level: Powered On

Default Dropdown

Hi 

I have 2 drop downs

• Request (Yes/No) Dropdown from SP list 
  • COP Request (Lookup) Dropdown SP List

These need to have set defaulted values. I have looked at the other forums on this topic and my expression doesnt appear to picking up the value. See screen shot.

So for request I have used:

If(EditForm1.Mode=FormMode.New,{'@odata.type': #Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",Id: 0, Value:"Yes"},ThisItem.Same_x0020_User_x0020_Request)

As for the 2nd COP list could you please help how the expression should be written as this is a lookup?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Microsoft Employee

Re: Default Dropdown

As replied on a different threas, the formula is almost correct. Please see if the updated version below works for you. Please also note that it needs to be assigned to the YourComboBox.DefaultSelectedItems property:

If(EditForm1.Mode=FormMode.New, Table({'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",Id: 0, Value:"Yes"}),[ThisItem.Same_x0020_User_x0020_Request])

daniellemaree
Level: Powered On

Hi @dinusc

How does this work with a lookup coloumn to make a default? Using the combo box. Do you have an example If Statement?

tchin-nin
Level 10

Hi @daniellemaree

The default value of a drop-down/combobox depends on the Items property .

If your Items property is a default "Choices(...)", then you can use the same formula .

If you have customized the Items property to plug it directly to another DataSource, then instead of the {odata.type,id,value} object, you have to use a LookUp into your DataSource (but in this case you have to update the Update property of the DataCard).

Choices and LookUp have the same structure in SharePoint :

{Id:ID,
Value: "Value",
'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference"}

The only difference is that the choice column doesn't required the Id property. 

Tell me if you need more explanations .

Théo

Microsoft Employee

@daniellemaree, the problem is in the way the metadata is delivered for "Choices" type fields. THat metadata works fine for "Lookup" type.

Can you please confirm that the suggested workatround works?

Thanks,