cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LarsMartin
Level: Powered On

Deployment of a canvas app embedded in a modeldriven form as part of a solution

Has anybody already deployed an embedded canvas app as part of a solution?
Please consider the following manual required steps:
  1. you need to open the app in the target environment.
  2. remove all existing CDS connections and add them again. For the new added connections you will see a "(current)" after the name. It indicates that the connection is linked to the CDS of your current environment.
  3. open the modeldriven form your app is embedded.
  4. check the attribute or subgrid you added the app as control for.
  5. you have to replace the appid manually otherwise the form is still linked to the original app and you will experience weird behaviors.
The points 1-4 were already known to me but especially No. 5 is terrible. Everytime we need to deploy form changes we have to adjust the appid in the target environment again.
Sorry, but I thought embedding canvas apps is already GA. 
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Deployment of a canvas app embedded in a modeldriven form as part of a solution

Hi @LarsMartin ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the changes you made to your canvas app would not be applied to the embedded app in your Model-Driven form?

Based on the issue that you mentined, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The changed made to the canvas app would also be applied to the embedded app.

Please consider refresh your browser to refresh the Model-Driven form, then check if the embedded app has updated to the latest version.

In addition, please re-publish your canvas app after you made some changes to it. If the issue still exists, please consider remove the embedded app from your Model-Driven form, then re-add it again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
LarsMartin
Level: Powered On

Re: Deployment of a canvas app embedded in a modeldriven form as part of a solution

Hi,

please let me explain a bit more about my experiences behavior.

I have a dev environment with a modeldriven app. In the form of the entity opportunity I embedded a canvas app which works fine.

I deployed the form and the canvas app as part of a solution to my test environment.

In the test environment I opened the canvas app in Edit mode to adjust all connections as they still point to my dev environment. This is necessary as described in the docs but I hope it will change in the future.

Anyway: Additionally I have to open the form customizing in my test environment as well and have to replace the AppId with the appid of the app in the target environment. This step is not described in the docs but obviously, it is necessary otherwise the app does not work. e.g. the screen resolution is wrong. 

If this is really a behavior by design then it means we have to adjust the form after each deployment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 286 members 4,874 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: