cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZachyV
Level 8

Disable or hide am icon after navigating back to main page

From my main screen, when I clicked the button from a gallery ">" it navigates to my edit screen displayig the item selected. I edit the record and save it, then I navigate back to the main screen. What I'd like to happen is when it navigates back to main screen is to disable the navigatin ">" or hide or make it not visible on that particular selected row record. Is that possible? And I wold to see how is that done. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
AMerrill
Level 8

Re: Disable or hide am icon after navigating back to main page

For the purpose of clarification: I am assuming that you would like to be able to edit a record by clicking on the ">" of that record from within a gallery, but after that record is edited, you want to remove the ">" so that the record can no longer be edited during that session of the app.

To do that you will need a Collection (I will call it RowEditedCollection) that contains a key, connecting each row in the Collection to a row in your datasource (the one that populates the gallery). This Collection will also contain a column that stores whether or not its corresponding item has been edited. After the record has been edited and saved, you will need to Patch() the Collection to update the edited column with "true" for the row that was edited in your Datasource.

Then in your Gallery inside the ">" Icon you will include the following Formula for the Visibility property:

Not(LookUp(RowEditedCollection,ID_Field=ThisItem.ID_Field_Datasource,RowWasEdited))

References:

Patch

Collection

Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 176 members 4,717 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: