cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
santosh910
Level: Powered On

Display SharePoint List Column Values in PowerApp Form

Hello Team, this is a great community and I am learning many new things.

I am new to PowerApps.

Here is something I would like to know.

First thing - How to all the values of specific column in the dropdown in PowerApp form.

I would like to get all the records which are in "Pending" state for column "Third Level Status".

I tried this, is this right or anything better, I am getting what is expected., this code I mapped to the Items property of the Dropdown. 

Filter(HiringRequests, "Pending" = 'Third Level Status')

I am getting all the IDs from a sharepoint list into the dropdown in PowerApp using above, now when I select the IDs from the dropdown, I would like to pull the all the related column values for selected ID from the SharePoint list called HiringRequests. There are other columns like Name, Account, Requester, etc.

Also, is it required to make any field of the list to Lookup value to acheive above?

I am not using any Gallery and would like to work on individual records.

Could you please guide me how to go about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LRVinNC
Level 10

Re: Display SharePoint List Column Values in PowerApp Form

I don't see a problem with your filter and it sounds like it is returning the data you expect.

As far as being able to display the data... The simplest thing to to is to use a display form to display all the associated content from the list for the selected individual.  Create a second screen and insert a display form. 
F2.png
Set the datasource to your list.  It will automatically create data cards for each of the columns in your list.  Initially it will look like a bit of a mess but you can clean it up using by adjusting the number of columns into which you want the data to appear, the size of the controls on the cards, etc.  You can also delete the datacards for any  columns you don't want to show on the form.  It just initially defaults to all columns.
F.png
Then go to the Items property for the display form and set it to DropdownName.Selected, substituting the name of your specific dropdown control.

F1.png

Here's a link to more information on display forms if you need it:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-form-detail

Then on the first screen where your dropdown in located, set the On Change property for the dropdown control to Navigate(Screen2) substituting whatever you named your new screen with the form.  
F3.png

When you make a change in the dropdown list by selecting one of the values, it will go (navigate) to the display screen you created and it will display the information from the SP list you connect for the item specified by the value you selected in the dropdown.  

Hope that points you in the right direction.

4 REPLIES 4
LRVinNC
Level 10

I don't see a problem with your filter and it sounds like it is returning the data you expect.

As far as being able to display the data... The simplest thing to to is to use a display form to display all the associated content from the list for the selected individual.  Create a second screen and insert a display form. 
F2.png
Set the datasource to your list.  It will automatically create data cards for each of the columns in your list.  Initially it will look like a bit of a mess but you can clean it up using by adjusting the number of columns into which you want the data to appear, the size of the controls on the cards, etc.  You can also delete the datacards for any  columns you don't want to show on the form.  It just initially defaults to all columns.
F.png
Then go to the Items property for the display form and set it to DropdownName.Selected, substituting the name of your specific dropdown control.

F1.png

Here's a link to more information on display forms if you need it:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-form-detail

Then on the first screen where your dropdown in located, set the On Change property for the dropdown control to Navigate(Screen2) substituting whatever you named your new screen with the form.  
F3.png

When you make a change in the dropdown list by selecting one of the values, it will go (navigate) to the display screen you created and it will display the information from the SP list you connect for the item specified by the value you selected in the dropdown.  

Hope that points you in the right direction.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @santosh910 

Do you test with @LRVinNC 's suggestion?

If you solved your issue,please accept it as solution.

Best Regards.

Yumia

santosh910
Level: Powered On

@LRVinNC Thank you for the quick revert, this indeed helps me! Appreciate your time!

Just a quick question, is there a possibility to use 2 datasources on the same display form?

And also, once I start seeing the form of specific record, I would like to make a particular column editable (preferrably a dropdown column) and then save the changes.

Best,

Santosh

LRVinNC
Level 10

Every data card on a form has a setting for DisplayMode, with values of View, Edit and Disabled.  So if you set the field you want to be editable to DisplayMode = Edit, your users can update that  value.  It will provide you with a new action of Update which will allow you to save the selected value to your data source.

F5.pngAs for your question about two data sources, you can display data from a second source on your form, although it requires a little more effort. 
1.  Add a custom card to your form (Properties - Edit fields - Add data field.

2.  Add a label, dropdown or other control to your custom card.

3.  Set the proper source information for the control, including filters if necessary to match to the specific item relating to the other data on the form. 

4.  If you want this field to be updated, I believe you will need to use the On Change action to patch the data into the secondary data source.  You won't be able to let the form do the work like you can for the other data cards.

(Note: I have not tried this so there could be hidden perils here I am not aware of).  

The highlighted data below comes from a completely different SP list.

F6.png