cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omarsalgado
Level: Powered On

Display gallery starting with a particular item

Hello,

Please, I need some help with the following...

I have a Gallery with dates (DatesGallery) in a long format such as: Saturday, December 31, 2016; there are about two years of dates in such gallery. Such gallery collect items from a table with the following columns: "date (text), "day_text" (like monday),"day_number" (like 5, stored as text),"month_number" (6, stored like text),"month_text","year" (like 2018, stored like text)...

1. I would like to display Today() date as the first item listed in the Gallery without constraining browsing past and future dates.
  2. I would like search for a specific date by typing in a search box.

Until now, I have done the following:

1. OnVisible property of the page I set: Collect(CollectionDates, DatesGallery.AllItems)
  2. Items property of the Gallery I set: SortByColumns(Search(Fn_calendar, TextSearchDate.Text,"day_text","day_number","month_number","month_text"),"year", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

The result I have is Gallery shows all data and when I search for i.e.: "Saturday" it display "Friday" or other erratic terms.

Could you please give a hint?

2 REPLIES 2
MatthieuMegaly_
Level: Powered On

Re: Display gallery starting with a particular item

Hi

1. I would like to display Today() date as the first item listed in the Gallery without constraining browsing past and future dates.

I would store the list within a Collection, sort and filter the collection to display dates >= today(). Past dates could be triggered with a button or inside another collection

1. I would like search for a specific date by typing in a search box.

In the same collection, i would decline the dates in multiple format and use a searchbox linked to a specific format, easier than the one you use for example. Or instead of a searchbox, use a datepicker for example

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Display gallery starting with a particular item

Before diving into specific details, are you looking for something such as is depicted in the attached screenshot?