Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
IanPratt
Level: Powered On

Dont really know where to start

Evening guys

My company has just gone over to Windows10 and i've been looking into a digital solution for my issue for about 6 months now and had a few ideas but think Powerapps and Flow can help me.

What my main task is, is that I take phone calls from customers , take down personal details, book them in for an appointment at a local centre to where they live and then produce paperwork for that appointment (I have saved documents or pdf to populate). I then also have to send off two or three emails regarding this appointment depending on where they live and then I need to be able to save said document & copies of emails to their digital file.

There is a little more to it - but in a simplistic approach that is it.

It would be nice if I was part way through to save my progress and go back to it - but not essential.

My initial idea months ago was a Excel userform, have command buttons for the email templates and then have the userform populate embedded documents within the spreadsheet. Kind of came away from that idea when I googled this process and found that there were form filler programmes that could work equally aswell - JotForm and Cognitorms to name but two.

Once i'd migrated over to W10 I researched some more and found that Powerapps might be able to help?

Does anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dont really know where to start

Hi @IanPratt,

I have simply summarized your requirement. Basically, I think your requirement is hard to fully finish with but could finish part of them using Flow under some conditions. And I have a few questions following each step. Please see if my understanding is correct or not and answer the questions.

1. You update the customers' personal details.  ---> Where do you store the data? In a SharePoint list, for example?

2. You want to book an appointment for them. ---> PowerApps/Flow cannot book a room directly to the local centre. So at most, you could create a Calendar event using Flow to remind the customers.

3. Send emails with attachments. ---> This could be achieved using Flow action "Send an email".

4. Save the email attachments to customers. ---> This only could be done if the customers share a data source to store the files. As each customers will have his own place to store the files, where are you saving their files to?

For you information, except for PowerApps who can read and update local files, which I think won't meet your requirement according to your scenario, Flow cannot use local file to trigger and run. All these data that you need to update/send/save will need to be in some data sources and flow will connect to the data sources. 

For all available connectors in flow, please refer to:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/

About building flows:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/guided-learning/build-flows

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
IanPratt
Level: Powered On

Re: Dont really know where to start

Evening

1. You update the customers' personal details.  ---> Where do you store the data? In a SharePoint list, for example?

2. You want to book an appointment for them. ---> PowerApps/Flow cannot book a room directly to the local centre. So at most, you could create a Calendar event using Flow to remind the customers.

3. Send emails with attachments. ---> This could be achieved using Flow action "Send an email".

4. Save the email attachments to customers. ---> This only could be done if the customers share a data source to store the files. As each customers will have his own place to store the files, where are you saving their files to?

Ok, so point 1. We are looking to create a customer record from scratch.  After we have sent relevant emails, saved the documents I dont need to refer back to them. However if we part complete, then ideally i'd like to go back to where I left off.

2. Appointment - does Powerapps link with any calendar app where I can input pre-arranged appointments to book? (eg slots)

3. Can the app be made to send an email when a button is pressed?

4. I can create somewhere to save the data, the sent items will be in outlook (can powerapps go into outlook and copy the sent email and then save in a relevant folder?)

Many Thanks for the help.

Regards

Ian

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 84 members 4,477 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: