cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ahockaday
Level: Powered On

Drop downs in my Power Apps not working when viewing in the mobile app

When I click on the drop downs in my PowerApp using a web browser on my laptop the dropdown choices display and operate as expected...but when I view the same app using the PowerApps App on my phone - I click on the dropdown menu and the menu will not display...the screen kind of flashes. The version of PowerApps I have on my phone is 3.19014.8. This is happening all of a sudden with all my PowerApps we have created. DId something happening with the latest version of the PowerApps app to cause this behaviour? How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Albert

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Drop downs in my Power Apps not working when viewing in the mobile app

Hi @ahockaday,

Could you please share a bit more about the data source you used within your app? Is it a SQL table?

Further, could you please share a screenshot about the issue within your Mobile device?

The user @cgomez has faced similar issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/DropDown-compiled-on-smartphone-does-not-show-valu...

Please take a try to turn off/disable the "Explicit column selection" option and "Improved app rendeing (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to un-install PowerApps Mobile App from your Mobile device, then re-install it, check if the issue has been fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ahockaday

Turning off "Improved app rendeing (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of my app, then re-publishing it solved the issue. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ahockaday,

Could you please share a bit more about the data source you used within your app? Is it a SQL table?

Further, could you please share a screenshot about the issue within your Mobile device?

The user @cgomez has faced similar issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/DropDown-compiled-on-smartphone-does-not-show-valu...

Please take a try to turn off/disable the "Explicit column selection" option and "Improved app rendeing (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to un-install PowerApps Mobile App from your Mobile device, then re-install it, check if the issue has been fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ahockaday

Turning off "Improved app rendeing (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of my app, then re-publishing it solved the issue. Thanks.

neds

I had the same issue.  Turning of "Improved app rendering" option solved it but no idea why.  I am using a Sharepoint List as the data source.  It only happens in a New Edit Form.  If the Edit form was loaded from a Gallery (ie not a blank Edit form)  the dropdowns worked fine prior to turning off Improved App Renderng, but not for a blank New Edit Form.

neds

Looks like this solution will not last much longer. Now getting the following Warning when editing app: 

"This App Uses Classic Rendering which will not be supported in the near future. In order to continue using the latest version of Powerapps please enable Improved Rendering in Advanced settings."  

Please Update that the above Solution is will no longer work!

ToniJHunter
Level: Power Up

I am having exactly the same problem and at a time when I really do not need to be 'tinkering' with settings.  Powerapps in general is awful.  It is horribly clunky trying to design forms (I compare to Access when designing a form.  Easy to add fields and drag them anywhere).

Anyway, I give up with Powerapps these types of problems are always happening which make it very unreliable but it also is a shame as we really need a way to give inexperienced users an easy interface with Sharepoint lists.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 131 members 4,331 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: