Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rkaur
Level: Powered On

Edit form not working in CDS app.

Hi,

im on the edit form of my APp and i navigate to it from a Browse Gallery ->Detail Scren->Edit icon. ( the OOB way) so the Items property is set to BrowseGallery.selected

However, clicking SUbmit button :: submitform(editForm1)  does say Form edited successfully but actually it doesnt edit anything back in database.

This has been working fine when i play the same app in CRM database. But in CDS database, it doesnt work.

Is there anything im missing that neds to be handled additionally while working on CDS??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rkaur

Re: Edit form not working in CDS app.

Hi @Drrickryp 

That "selected" was indeed a typo. 

well i removed the existing form and added it again defining its datasource and Item properties.

It works now.

Ahh sometimes jus redoing everything from scratch helps . 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Rkaur

Any help here please.

does the submitform(editform) action on CDS database needs to be further supplied with soem parameters ?

Super User
Super User

Hi @Rkaur 

There are no other elements required for SubmitForm() function.  However, a type of error testing is done in the OnSuccess and OnFailure properties of the form itself.  For example, putting Back() in the OnSuccess property will send the user back to the Gallery screen if the form is successfully submitted. (BTW, in your question, you have not capitalized "selected"). I am assuming that this is a typo but if not, then your form will not submit.

Also, make sure that the Items property of the Gallery matches the DataSource property of the form. If the DataSource in the Items property of the gallery has been modified such as by using AddColumns() or if a Collection is used as the DataSource of the gallery, then further specification will be needed in the Item property of the form.  For example, BrowseGallery.Selected.ID instead of simply BrowseGallery.Selected.

Rkaur

Hi @Drrickryp 

That "selected" was indeed a typo. 

well i removed the existing form and added it again defining its datasource and Item properties.

It works now.

Ahh sometimes jus redoing everything from scratch helps . 

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 211 members 3,293 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: