cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlucas1
Level: Powered On

Editing text within a button

I previously was able to edit text within a button by highlighting text and typing over just like word. Recently it no longer allows me to do so, I must go to the right and edit within the little text box under properties.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tlucas1

Re: Editing text within a button

Thinks for the instruction, but my screen doesn't have an "App Settings" option. Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

There has been some recent changes to working with buttons in the app studio but you should be able to double click the button and edit the text in-line. I just tried it and it worked for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
tlucas1

thanks for the quick response. When I double-click it selects the border but also gives me a cursor that I can move with the arrows on my keyboard and delete previous text but not type over it. Is there a possibility of a setting that may be wrong?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @tlucas1,

I agree with @Jeff_Thorpe's thought almost. You could consider take a try to double-click the Button control, then the text within the Button would be selected, you could type over it.

I have made a test, please check the following image:Test1.gif

In addition, please take a try to re-create your app to check if the issue is solved on your side.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to enable/turn on the "Render in classic mode" option within Advanced Settings of App settings (App settings-> Advanced Settings-> "Render in classic mode" option), then re-load your app to check if the issue is solved.7.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
tlucas1

Thinks for the instruction, but my screen doesn't have an "App Settings" option. Thanks for your help.

tlucas1

I was able to change the setting to "render in classic mode." Saved and reloaded and getting the same result. When I double click, it doesn't highlight the text like it did for you. On my screen it highlights the button itself ansd add a cursor. Also it acts as though its in play mode even when on edit screen. See attached pic.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 52 members 4,940 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: