cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roji
Level: Powered On

Empty gallery even after data is loaded

I had a Screen with gallery  where I had loaded my data from excel. Then I deleted all the datas in the gallery.  Now I am unable to load the data back to the gallery even when previous exxcel file has all the datas. I tried to load the data prearing a new canvas app. But was unable to get it. The gallery is empty.

When I try to add data manually. It gives me error.

The requested resource is locked

Can anyone help me out with this ?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

Re: Empty gallery even after data is loaded

Hello @Roji ,

Since you've already tried to create a new applcaition out of your Excel data, I think the issue is in the Excel file itself. Can you ensure that all the data in your Excel file are in a Table (you need to create a Table in Excel and then add all the data there)? Can you test with a brand new simple Excel file?

Roji

Hello,

The data are already in table form. I also tried preparing new excel file and linking with new app, existing app one by one but that did not work. Is there anything else I am missing ?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Roji ,

Can you connect to the table correctly? Also, try to open your excel, select the whole table and clear all the formats here:

Capture.JPG

Then Format as table again to test.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Roji

Hello,

My employee table looks like this:

employee.JPG

When I create an app with onedrive and load this data into the app, the gallery screen looks like:

employee_Gallery.JPG

It doesnot have any value in the table. Previously, it would load data but because the first row in the gallery was empty so I deleted it and tried to reload it. Since, then this problem is persisitent and I am not finding any way to overcome this.

@v-monli-msft  I tried the solution suggested by you and it is not making any changes.

And when I try to add new data I get error:

There was a problem saving your changes data source may be invalid !!!