cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dtoland
Level: Powered On

Filter Gallery based on many-to-many N:N relationship

I am working on a Canvas app tied to our dynamics CE database that would list the certifications that an acconnt has listed as a needed certification for thier company. I know how to create a filter based on a lookup field or 1:N relationship using the LookUp() function; However in this case the Account and Certifications entities have an N:N relationship. So any 1 certification can be tied to and N number of Accounts and any account can have any N number of Certifications tied to it. 

Is there a way to use the N:N relationship or resulting relationship entity to filter down the gallery to only show the selected accounts related certifications?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Filter Gallery based on many-to-many N:N relationship

Hi @dtoland,

@Meneghinohas addressed  many-to-many issues in Powerapps in his Blog.  https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/10/10/powerapps-101-many-to-many-relationships-between-ta... Since this blog post was published, the 500 item limit for delegation referred to at the end of the post has been increased to 2000 items as an option.   Please let me know if you cannot find the answer to your question there.  Otherwise, please mark this discussion as solved.  

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @dtoland,

@Meneghinohas addressed  many-to-many issues in Powerapps in his Blog.  https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/10/10/powerapps-101-many-to-many-relationships-between-ta... Since this blog post was published, the 500 item limit for delegation referred to at the end of the post has been increased to 2000 items as an option.   Please let me know if you cannot find the answer to your question there.  Otherwise, please mark this discussion as solved.  

dtoland
Level: Powered On

@Drrickryp I think that answers the question I had that basically I need to create the 3rd entity through 1:N relationships instead of using the N:N relationship builder that creates a virtual entity. Thanks for the article and I think I should be able to meet the business requirements now.