cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LOGiT
Level: Powered On

Filter one DataCardValue field based on another DataCardValue field - both dropdowns

Hi,

I have a powerapp app that I'm attempting to add a new record to insert into a Sharepoint list (Assets).

I want the 'Component' field to have the dropdown list restricted by the value selected in the 'Component Class' dropdown. I was hoping to do this using the Component_1 datasource (renamed from sharepoint list Component) which contains each Component and its respective Component Class, as shown:

Component.JPG

The 'Component' field (datacardvalue12) has the Item set to Choices(Assets.Component)

Here is a screenshot with my best attempt to filter it:

DataCardValue Filter not working.JPG

Every attempt to filter has resulted in no values in the dropdown list at all.

Can someone please help me?

Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: Filter one DataCardValue field based on another DataCardValue field - both dropdowns

Hi @LOGiT,

Could you please share a bit more about the 'Component Name' column and 'Component Class' column in your Component_1 data source?

Is the "Component Class" column a Choice type column?

Based on the screenshot that you provided, I suppose that the "Component Class" column is a Choice type column, is it true?

I think your issue may be related to the Delegation issue within your Filter formula. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnVisible property of the first screen of your app to following:

ClearCollect(ComponentCollection, Component_1) /* <-- Save your Component_1 records into a Collection */

Set the Items property of the Combo Box control within the Component Data card to following:

Filter(
      Choices(Assets.Component),
      Value in Filter(ComponentCollection, 'Component Class'.Value = DataCardValue11.Selected.Value).Title
)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.