cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZachyV
Level: Powered On

Formatting DataCardValue number

In my DetailScreen form, I would like to format the DataCardValue to display a format of 55,000 instead of 55000.

How is this done? This code does not work

Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-US]#,##0")

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Formatting DataCardValue number

There is currently a bug where the Text function inside a data card is not working correctly - it should be fixed in an upcoming release.

As a workaround, you can change the value of the data card's Default property instead of the control itself. So in your case the DataCardValue Text property would go back to 'Parent.Default', but if you select the card, you should be able to wrap the Default property in the Text function, something along the lines of

Text(ThisItem.ColumnName,"[$-en-US]#,##0")
4 REPLIES 4
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

There is currently a bug where the Text function inside a data card is not working correctly - it should be fixed in an upcoming release.

As a workaround, you can change the value of the data card's Default property instead of the control itself. So in your case the DataCardValue Text property would go back to 'Parent.Default', but if you select the card, you should be able to wrap the Default property in the Text function, something along the lines of

Text(ThisItem.ColumnName,"[$-en-US]#,##0")
lauriewheeler

This didn't work either way for us. Any news on when it will be fixed?
PeterDonohue

Why is this marked as a solution when it clearly says it's not, and asks for an update. Again, this should be pretty straight forward right? I'm getting 13 decimal places, even when my source is set to 2 decimal places?

lauriewheeler

The formula does work, but doesn't work in all situations.  I ended up re-doing my solution as just a 'powerapp' form not a Canvas app, then the formula worked.