cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stgiesbrecht
Level: Powered On

Gallery item requires two clicks on iOS but single click in web

I have a gallery that I am using to display different tabs that I want the user to click to see a different sections of the same screen. For example: Details, Contacts, Addtional Info as the gallery items and when the user clicks, I set a variable to hide or show a group of controls based on which gallery item they have clicked. On the web, a single click works as intended, but when I do the same on an iPad, I have to tap on the gallery item twice. The first tap seems to select the item as it changes the colour, but it does not hide or show the fields that are associated with that tab value.

I noticed that there is an OnSelect for the gallery and then the button within the gallery also has an OnSelect. The logic for updating the context variable is within the gallery button OnSelect.

The reason that I am using a gallery for these buttons, is that I am copying this gallery to multiple screens and then just updating the Items property for the gallery so that I easily update the number of tabs on each screen and have it take care of the size, location and formatting of them all without having to deal with individual buttons.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Gallery item requires two clicks on iOS but single click in web

Hi @stgiesbrecht,

Have you tested with different devices? Please test with other iOS devices. Also, what is your PowerApps version?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
stgiesbrecht
Level: Powered On

Re: Gallery item requires two clicks on iOS but single click in web

Hi, I have tested with iPad, iPad Pro and iPhone all running iOS 11 and seeing the same results. The PowerApp is currently in development and we are building it with the web browser designer and current version that I see on the PowerApps account screen is 3.18091.15

Thanks, Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

Follow PowerApps on Twitter

Stay Up-to-Date by following PowerApps on Twitter

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 4,442 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: