cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NGuill
Level: Powered On

Gallery setup on multiple filtered SharePoint lists

I am trying to build a gallery to show personnel elligable for promotion.  The gallery is based on 3 SharePoint Lists:

1. Personnel - Uses just the MemberName
  2. Events - This table gives me promotion dates (Date) and titles of the promotions (Title)
  3. Positions - Gives me the minimum time needed at a certain title to be eligable for the next promotion (Time)

In the Gallery, I need the 5 fields from above and a comparison field.  I have these setup as such:

1. Name.Text = ThisItem.MemberName
  2. Last.Text = Last(SortByColumns(Filter(Events, MemberName.Value = Name.Text, EventType.Value="Promotion"),"Date",SortOrder.Ascending)).Date
  3. Title.Text = LLast(SortByColumns(Filter(Events, MemberName.Value = Name.Text, EventType.Value="Promotion"),"Date",SortOrder.Ascending)).Title
  4. Next.Text = DateAdd(DateValue(Last.Text),LookUp(Positions,LookUp(Positions,Last(SortByColumns(Filter(Events,MemberName.Value=Name.Text,EventType.Value="Promotion"),"Date",SortOrder.Ascending)).Title in Title).Title exactin Title).Time,Months)
  5. Compare.Text = Today() >= DateValue(Next.Text) && !IsBlank(Next.Text)

All of the fields work. However, I want to filter out all of the gallery items where Compare.Text is false.  I need to do this without blank entries between visible ones (see image below). Does anyone know how to do this?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Gallery setup on multiple filtered SharePoint lists

I haven't tested this yet but if you use a flexible height gallery instead of a regular one it might do the trick without having to change anything else. Let me know if it works.
2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

I haven't tested this yet but if you use a flexible height gallery instead of a regular one it might do the trick without having to change anything else. Let me know if it works.
NGuill
Level: Powered On

I thought I had done that, but apparently not.  Thanks for the assist.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 4,534 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: