cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bloom
Level: Powered On

HTML checkboxes doesn't work in PowerApps on creating a file with Flow

Hi, I have a screen witha big HTML text field. Each row in the HTML table features a checkbox. I have created a Flow that sends the HTML to a .html file on sharepoint. If I check any of the checkboxes and press the "Send In" button, the checkboxes are not checked in the file on Sharepoint. I understand that it only takes the code that I've written and created a file, and not the updated version with the checked box. Is there a way to make this work?

I have attached an image of how the screen looks and the code to create file on button press.

The function converts the html to pdf afterwards by the way, this does not affect my issue.

I have tried creating a normal PowerApps without the HTML Text field that I have right now, but I am unable to create the whole screen a pdf and it seems like only the input fields are text areas are the only things you can put in a file.

2 REPLIES 2
PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

Re: HTML checkboxes doesn't work in PowerApps on creating a file with Flow

Welcome @Bloom to the PowerApps forums!

Are you using the HTML Text control? If so, as the name implies, this control is only for displaying HTML and not interacting with it. Checkboxes, buttons, text inputs and other input controls will not work. No JavaScript or scripting behavior is allowed. In future, these elements may not even be rendered.

If you want a function checkbox, use the built-in PowerApps checkbox control.

Bloom
Level: Powered On

Re: HTML checkboxes doesn't work in PowerApps on creating a file with Flow

Hi Tahoon,

That is what I was afraid of, thanks for the heads up.

Maybe you can help me with this then; I have a fully functioning checklist using the built-in PowerApps, identical to the one in the image. I would like to be able to capture the screen somehow and save it as a pdf, there seems to be no functionality for this with any of the Flows I've checked out. Is it possible or will it be possible? As far as I can see only a text element's content can be sent to a file using flows and not the whole screen with the layout and design.