cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivpd
Level: Powered On

Help

Hello, im new in PowerApps and i need to create a simple form.

I created 2 textinput and 1 button.

I need the step to step to the next

- Validate if the username is "pepe@pepe.com"

- Take the information, save in an Excel file, and go to other page (For Example Page2) ? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Help

Hey @ivpd 

You can use the following expression to perform number of tasks, mentioned in your post. Paste this expression on the OnSelect property of your submit button.

If(TextInput9.Text = "pepe@pepe.com",Patch(UserDetails,Defaults(UserDetails),{Username:TextInput9.Text,Password:TextInput9_1.Text});Navigate(Screen2))
Here, UserDetails is the name of my excel table, and Username and Password are its two columns.
Also, TextInput9 is the textbox for Username and TextInput9_1 is for password.
If condition satisfies than it will save the data and navigate to screen2, otherwise it won't do anything. MicrosoftTeams-image (89).png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hey @ivpd 

You can use the following expression to perform number of tasks, mentioned in your post. Paste this expression on the OnSelect property of your submit button.

If(TextInput9.Text = "pepe@pepe.com",Patch(UserDetails,Defaults(UserDetails),{Username:TextInput9.Text,Password:TextInput9_1.Text});Navigate(Screen2))
Here, UserDetails is the name of my excel table, and Username and Password are its two columns.
Also, TextInput9 is the textbox for Username and TextInput9_1 is for password.
If condition satisfies than it will save the data and navigate to screen2, otherwise it won't do anything. MicrosoftTeams-image (89).png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
ivpd
Level: Powered On

Hi  yashag2255,

Excellent, thanks you.

How can upload my Excel table for use in this expression ?

Super User
Super User

@ivpd 

You can add your excel as a Data Source by following below steps:
1) Select View from the Top menu item and select Data Sources.
2) This will open the current Data Sources connections. Select "Add Data Source" and select select "New connection".
3) I am hoping that you stored the excel on One drive, so search for One Drive, create a connection. Select the Excel sheet. It will ask to select the table.
4) Once the connection is setup, you can use the table name to filter data.

Hope this Helps!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 105 members 4,431 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: