cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chandu_Tevakoni
Level: Powered On

How should I validate my Form, when any Required field is not entered.

I  am Having a Form, in which all Datacards Reuired Property is set to "true".  On Button Onselect  I am not submitting form instead, I am having Updateif(). Now how should I validate my Form, when any Required field is not entered.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

Re: How should I validate my Form, when any Required field is not entered.

@Chandu_Tevakoni

If you select the datacard and go to the advance options and there you can set the datacard to Required.

If you want more dynamic validation then you can check this video I made out on this topic out:
Learn PowerApps | 8 | How to Validate a UserForm

Hope this helps,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
PauwelsSven
Level 8

Hi,

Do they need to see the field that isn't filled in?

Or what do you want to do?

Regards.

Chandu_Tevakoni
Level: Powered On

As the fields in my Form are mandatory i.e., Required is set to true. If any one of the mandatory field is not entered, and Button is clicked , the Remaining Fields is being updated in my Database. As there is Upateif() in my Button Onselect.

Now, I want validation for this form. If all the fields are entered then only it should be updated in my database, otherwise it should not be updated.

How should I set Validation for this form Now.

KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

@Chandu_Tevakoni

If you select the datacard and go to the advance options and there you can set the datacard to Required.

If you want more dynamic validation then you can check this video I made out on this topic out:
Learn PowerApps | 8 | How to Validate a UserForm

Hope this helps,

Paul