cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to access my PowerApps form for a SharePoint list on SharePoint?

Hi,

I am working to create a simple workflow intake for my team. I have a SharePoint list set up, and using the Form Settings link on the list, I have created a form. How would users in my company be able to fill out this form? They do not have Admin privileges. 

As an Admin, I cannot currently find the form on the front-end of SharePoint. I can only access it through the Form Settings link.

Regards,

William

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

Re: How to access my PowerApps form for a SharePoint list on SharePoint?

If you created the form by using the PowerApps custom form method in the list then the custom form should be associated with the New, Edit and View item actions in the list. The user will only need contribute access to the list. If you create a new item in the list doesn't it use the PowerApps custom form you created?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

A new item takes me to the default SharePoint list New Item page. It does not use the PowerApps form at all. 

I clicked on the red box below:

2.PNG

Then, it brought me to this screen:

1.PNG

Super User
Super User

If you go to the List Settings > Form Settings which form option is selected?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

3.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

This here fixed my issue of the form not popping up:4.PNG

However, I am given this form instead of the one I created:

5.PNGd

For reference, this is the form I created:

6.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Super User
Super User

Can you provide a screen shot of the left side tree view when you have the PowerApp form open is design mode?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Which mode do you use to create/edit your SP list? The Modern SharePoint experience or Classic SharePoint experience?

How do you create a custom form for your SP list using PowerApps?

Based on the screenshot that you provided, I suppose that you use the Classic SharePoint experience to create/edit your SP list, is it true?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:Test1.gif

Please disable/turn off the Dialogs (Set Launch forms in a dialog? option to No) option within the Advanced Settings of List settings, then check if the issue is solved. I have made a test on my side, if you turn on/enable the Dialogs option within the Advanced Settings of List settings, the custom form would not be shown up.

Please also take a try to exit classic experience (Click the "Exit classic experience" button at the left-bottom of your SP list page) within your SP list page, then try it again within Modern SP list experience to check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please take a try to delete the custom form for your SP list, then re-custom a form using PowerApps for it, check if the issue is solved.

More details about deleting a custom form for a SP list, please check the following article:

Delete the custom form 

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 49 members 4,699 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: