cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LabDude
Level: Powered On

How to put a second field in a Drop down list as information for selecting the main field

Hi,

I have a Dropdown list that has the following against the Item: Sort(Distinct(Table,Field), Descending)

This allows me to populate a line graph and gallery based on the field selected.

What I would like to do, is have the ability to include a second field from the Table that helps with selecting the primary field. In this case the primary field is a vessel and I want the second field that tells me what is in that vessel.

Hope thats enough info.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AndySid
Level 8

Re: How to put a second field in a Drop down list as information for selecting the main field

Hi,

Use a combobox rather than a dropdown. Click Fields - Edit and select a layout. Refer to picture.

Capture.PNG

>>If you found this reply helpful, please mark this as the answer to close the topic and make it easier to find for other people with similar questions.<<

LabDude
Level: Powered On

Re: How to put a second field in a Drop down list as information for selecting the main field

Sorry for the delay in replying.

While this option did work bringing up the second field for additional information, it grabbed all entries.

To explain better;

In the field 'Vessel', I will have multiple entries for the same vessel. So in this case, when I use the combobox, I will have to scroll through 10 different entries for one particular vessel, before I will see entries for the next vessel.

E.G.

Vessel 1

Batch#1

Vessel 1

Batch#1

Vessel 1

Batch#1

Vessel 2

Batch #4

So if I can make it so the combobox only gathers one entry for each vessel, this will make the selection side of things much easier.

Thanks

AndySid
Level 8

You are already using Distinct, so without seeing an example of your data one approuch maybe to have a dropdown for the vessel and then filter another dropdown on that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 42 members 3,925 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: