cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishnapwa
Level: Powered On

How to save Pen input to sharepoint

Hi all,

Requirement: need to share pen input to sharepoint & we should get the link from sharepoint to open the image in powerApps

We got stucked in saving pen input as image to sharepoint.

Below is nice tutorial where it's dealing with camera inuput, we are looking for peninput.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovLIwnj6QjU&t=1910s

Highly appreiciated your help.

Thanks,

Krishna.

5 REPLIES 5
krishnapwa

Re: How to save Pen input to sharepoint

Can somebody here to guide please..

rebeccas
Level 10

So, I have one that saves the pen input to an item on the SPList but the catch is getting outside of PowerApps. You can view the signature all day long in PowerApps but the only way to get it out is to email it to yourself (that I have found). If you just want to see it in PowerApps it works great though. 

*  I have a SharePoint List that has a column that is Multi-line, plain text that stores it

* For mine they are signing for an item that has already been inputed so they review the oringal document that was submitted through powerapps and then go to the signature screen.

- Gallery that is set to filter for the item that was reviewed on previous screen

* Has Pen Input, and I also have an input field that makes them type in their name along with signature.  

* an Image =PenInput.Image -- the reason I have this is to let them review the signature before the final submit

* Button 1 in gallery = ClearCollect(CollectionName, PenInput.Image, TextInput.Text)

* Button 2 in gallery = Patch(SPListName,ThisItem,{ColumnForSignature: First(CollectionName).Url, ColumnPersonName: TextInput.Text})

To show the signature later in the app you just insert an image and refer to your column name that stores that data.

Let me know if I need to better explain portions of this. Sometimes easier to do than explain but I think I got all the steps in there.

Highlighted
Claud87

Hi @krishnapwa ,

I was dealing the same problem: trying to save the pen input image to SharePoint, but in my case I was trying to save it as an item's attachment. After looking around the 'net I found this two links that were VERY useful to achieve it:

The blog entries belong to John Liu and let me tell you he's a GENIUS! The workaround he uses is not very fancy but it's not complicated to implement (second link).
In that workaround he uses a Flow with a PowerApp trigger to get the image content from the Picture Control (works the same with the Pen Input Control) and then creates a file in a SharePoint library as an image. Check on the first link to see how he calls the Flow from a button in the PowerApps app.

I hope it helps you just as much it helped me Smiley Wink

Greetings!
LuckyVinny
Level: Power Up

Hi!
I love the simplicity of this solution but I’m not clear on what you’re referring to when you stated, “* an Image =PenInput.Image -- the reason I have this is to let them review the signature before the final submit”?
Could you elaborate more on this step, please?
Thank you in advance!
Vanessa
rebeccas
Level 10

@LuckyVinny 

You insert the pen input and then at another spot on the screen or even on the next screen (as long as you don't reset the PenInput yet), you insert an "Image" (from under the media section) and for the image, one of the Properties (that can be selected from the drop down choices in the top left) is called "Image"...you set that to PenInput1.Image (or whatever you call you PenInput control).

You are telling it to make my "Image" whatever is showing on the Pen Input. Works good for just viewing.

@Claud87 had some good posts by JohnLiu too so be sure to look at those. I like his idea on how to save that signature.

Let me know if you have trouble getting that signature to display and I can post a few screen shots.