cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geneZebra
Level: Powered On

How to set the initial color used by insert control

When inserting labels from a sample screen (e.g. people picker), the powerapps studio uses color that is not easy to work with. How can I change the default color used during the development of my application. An example can be seen by inserting a label into one of the galleries used by the sample people picker screen (by using insert screen then people). The labels are inserted with white text. I changed the size of the blue rectangle and tried inserting new label outside the blue rectangle and it comes up white. Very annoying. I am looking to change the defult insert color so I do not have to customize the color on every insert.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to set the initial color used by insert control

Hi @geneZebra ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that when you insert a new Label control into your People screen, the Label text would in White color?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. In default, the Color property of the Label control woud be Black (RGBA( 0, 0, 0, 1 )) rather than White. Please check if the Color property of the Label control has been set to following:

RGBA( 0, 0, 0, 1 )

If the Label control display a White/blank within your Gallery, please check if you have specified proper column name to be displayed within the Label. Please set the Text property of the Label control to following:

ThisItem.PropertyName        /* <-- e.g. ThisItem.Id */

then check if the Label control could display proper text.

Note: If the result the ThisItem.PropertyName formula returned is a blank, then it would display a blank/white text within the Label just as you mentioned.

In addition, currently within PowerApps, there is no way to set the Default Color property value (Initial Color Value) of the Label control.

As an alternative solution, you could also consider change the People Screen to different themes (e.g. Rose theme), then try to insert a New Label again, check if it could help solved your problem:1.JPG

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
geneZebra

I think the key here is the following statement. I was seeing the color as white and not thinking it would change color as I put in contents. 
Note: If the result the ThisItem.PropertyName formula returned is a blank, then it would display a blank/white text within the Label just as you mentioned. 

By the way, is there any documentaion on how themes work or to be used on canvas apps? I am not sure what areas of a control it changes vs the colors my app sets. 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @geneZebra 

Have you tried using a different theme?  Click on the Home tab and then Theme tab

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @geneZebra ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that when you insert a new Label control into your People screen, the Label text would in White color?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. In default, the Color property of the Label control woud be Black (RGBA( 0, 0, 0, 1 )) rather than White. Please check if the Color property of the Label control has been set to following:

RGBA( 0, 0, 0, 1 )

If the Label control display a White/blank within your Gallery, please check if you have specified proper column name to be displayed within the Label. Please set the Text property of the Label control to following:

ThisItem.PropertyName        /* <-- e.g. ThisItem.Id */

then check if the Label control could display proper text.

Note: If the result the ThisItem.PropertyName formula returned is a blank, then it would display a blank/white text within the Label just as you mentioned.

In addition, currently within PowerApps, there is no way to set the Default Color property value (Initial Color Value) of the Label control.

As an alternative solution, you could also consider change the People Screen to different themes (e.g. Rose theme), then try to insert a New Label again, check if it could help solved your problem:1.JPG

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
geneZebra

I think the key here is the following statement. I was seeing the color as white and not thinking it would change color as I put in contents. 
Note: If the result the ThisItem.PropertyName formula returned is a blank, then it would display a blank/white text within the Label just as you mentioned. 

By the way, is there any documentaion on how themes work or to be used on canvas apps? I am not sure what areas of a control it changes vs the colors my app sets.