cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
albertov
Level: Powered On

Images not visible because of variable set on start

I encountered a problem with a SharePoint list containing URLs to .jpg-images, which I am filtering through a variable set on start. The variable set on start is Set(CurrentUser,User()) and the filter for the list Filter('Source',CurrentUser.FullName = User)

The problem is that after applying this filter, the images are only visible in the web browser, but they are not visible in the mobile version of the app.

I have applied this method, because I was getting a delegation warning, which was also influencing loading time.

Originally, I was filtering using:

Filter('Source',User().FullName = User)

where ‘Source’ refers to a SharePoint list. In this case, there is absolutely no issue with the URLs nor the images, which show with no problems, both in the desktop and mobile versions of the app. The URLs are accessible with no restrictions. The only issue in this case is a delegation warning and slow loading time.

To remedy this, I have tried changing User() in this fuction with a variable created on start as Set(CurrentUser,User()) , which gives me the following function Filter('Source',CurrentUser.FullName = User).

This method has worked to remove delegation warnings in other SharePoint lists that consist of strings. Bit when it comes to thw list of
images, the .jpg-pictures stop being visible on the mobile app. I am testing this in an iOS device with the lateset software. The .jpg images are still visible on the desktop version of the app (I am testing this on Chrome).

I have tried restaring my iOS device, uninstalling PowerApps from my iOS device and reinstalling, and I have also tried deleting the cache. But the only thing that helps is reverting to Filter('Source',User().FullName = User) for the SharePoint list with the public URLs with the .jpg files (this is the only SharePoint-list in the app containing URLs that direct to .jpg)

I have considered that maybe it works best with another format other than .jpg (for example .png), but I want to be sure if there are other solutions before trying this (there are several images, and these would have to be converted to .png and published again).

It seems as if PowerApps loses the ability to recognize an image in the URL, when this URL is transferred to the gallery through a variable.

Is there a way around this?