cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyarbrough
Level: Powered On

Inconsistent template size in a nested adjustable height gallery

Hi,

I have an adjustable height gallery nested inside a normal gallery. I cannot get the rows in the adjustable gallery to space out like they should.

invreport.png

The first nested gallery in the series will not auto-adjust its row heights; Each row uses the default "Template size" value. I've tried putting in a static value, using a context variable, and leaving the field blank, all with the same result. Each of the following nested galleries auto-adjusts with no problems.

I have tested the gallery in the editor, in preview mode, and as a published app and the visual is the same in all 3. If make an un-nested copy of the adjustable gallery, the spacing looks fine.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I was under the impression that 2-tier nested galleries were a supported feature, so this is frustrating to deal with.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Inconsistent template size in a nested adjustable height gallery

Hi @cyarbrough ,

Did you mean that when using the flexible height for a nested gallery, it won’t adjust according to the number of items, while when testing without nested gallery, it works fine?

Please also share the formula in Height property.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
cyarbrough

I meant that the rows in the adjustable height gallery (the first in the series) were not automatically adjusting to the height of their contents when nested in a fixed-height gallery. I was having the issue with "template size" set to a static value (48), a context variable set to a value (I tried 45, 48, and 50), and left blank.

It looks like I can't reproduce the issue right now; I'm not sure if it was a fluke the past few days or if some kind of fix was implemented. 

cyarbrough

@v-monli-msft I take that back; It looks like I have a new problem now. When I first open this app and navigate to this nested gallery, the contents of each gallery all stack on top of each other. I have to click on the gallery to get them to display correctly.

invreport2.png

This happens with the "template size" value left blank. If I set it to a static value, the galleries load with every row set to that height, and they have to each be clicked to reset and display correctly. It only seems to work correctly if I set the template size to a context variable.

This can't be intended functionality?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 4,767 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: