cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Initiate Flow from PowerApps

Hi All, 

I know that powerapps are capable of triggering flows from the app itself. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows

It looks good, but have a significant drawback - all used flow connections should be running under the user pressing the button triggering the flow.

In my scenario, I customized the SharePoint list form in PowerApps. 

The flow can be triggered for a selected item from the list view.

Initiate the flow.PNG

I want users initiating the flow to keep using existing flow connections as some of them provided by 3rd party vendors and require to have access keys etc. This is why we cannot connect flow to the powerapps in a normal way.

The flow can be triggered from the SharePoint list column by using JSON column formatting

Run flow from list.PNG

I am wondering if there is some way to initiate the flow from the PowerApps Form by calling some similar command?

"customRowAction": {
"action": "executeFlow",
"actionParams": "{\"id\": \"flowid\"}"
}

I think this is impossible, but maybe it is.

Thanks, 

Pavel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Initiate Flow from PowerApps

Hi @Pavel_Sheludkov,

"

I want users initiating the flow to keep using existing flow connections as some of them provided by 3rd party vendors and require to have access keys etc. This is why we cannot connect flow to the powerapps in a normal way.

"

If I understand correctly, you would like to have the Microsoft Flow added into PowerApps to be able to switch connection information (other than the one pre-configured), right?

If this is the case, then currently it is still not available.

Would it be available to take use of custom connector within PowerApps to make it work with the 3rd-party connectors?

Custom connector in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Pavel_Sheludkov,

"

"

If I understand correctly, you would like to have the Microsoft Flow added into PowerApps to be able to switch connection information (other than the one pre-configured), right?

If this is the case, then currently it is still not available.

Would it be available to take use of custom connector within PowerApps to make it work with the 3rd-party connectors?

Custom connector in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-micsh-msft,

Yes, you got my message correctly.

I managed to resolve the business case without custom connectors.

With the previous set up users were triggering the flow for a selected SharePoint item.

Now, users click Submit button in the form, which updates the request status to SUBMITTED.

The flow monitors modify events and if some item has been SUBMITTED status the process begins else skips.

It leads to extra flow runs, but it works well.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Thanks for offering the workaorund.

If you have any further questions when working with PowerApps, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Michael