cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YatinMumbai
Level: Powered On

Is there a way to globally set date format to "dd/mm/yyyy"

By defaut, PowerApps displays date picker fields in the "mm/dd/yyy" format. I am aware you can text format dates to "dd/mm/yyy". But it is a pain to do this in every form you build, especially in a auto-generated customized form for a SharePoint list containing multiple dates.

I thought it would be common sense to use Windows date and time setting to determine what the user should get as date format. 

Is there a global setting that can display dates in "dd/mm/yyyy" format in PowerApps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
svijay_001

Re: Is there a way to globally set date format to "dd/mm/yyyy"

Unfortunately, there is no option for that where you can centrally configure the DateTime Format at the powerapps end. 

However, you can  have a variable intialized with the required format ( Or ) dynamically get the date format from the user on the app start. 

Example : 

Set(datetime,"dd-mmm-yyyy")

You can use this variable in all the date pickers. I understand there is a manual effort initially.002.png

0001.png

But then In future if you would like to change the date format for all the datepickers in the app. This might work out handy. 

4 REPLIES 4
svijay_001

Unfortunately, there is no option for that where you can centrally configure the DateTime Format at the powerapps end. 

However, you can  have a variable intialized with the required format ( Or ) dynamically get the date format from the user on the app start. 

Example : 

Set(datetime,"dd-mmm-yyyy")

You can use this variable in all the date pickers. I understand there is a manual effort initially.002.png

0001.png

But then In future if you would like to change the date format for all the datepickers in the app. This might work out handy. 

Super User
Super User

The only way I know of to globally control the format of date and time is to change the locale. But there is no way currently to change the locale in the app other than changing the locale of the phone or browser running the app.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @YatinMumbai 

Do you test with @svijay_001 's and referece @Pstork1 's suggestion?

Do you solve your issue? If yes,please accept it as solution.

More information:

controlling-how-dates-are-displayed-in-a-powerapps-application

Best Regards.

Yumia

YatinMumbai

Solution accepted! @svijay_001 

This greatly simplifies the problem. However, I have customers who are multi-nationals, it would be ideal to set date formats using locale. That way each user is sees familiar date formats in line with their country or region.

I will post this as an idea.