cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jperrin
Level: Powered On

ListBox and Gallery

I am currently creating an app where users can request training. Part of the app is being able to select training topics. I have a listbox that list all available training. Upon selecting the training topics, the selected topics appear in a gallery. However, the gallery is only showing the last selected topic from the listboax. HELP!

I have attached an immage. On the left you can see the listbox and on the right you can see the gallery. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: ListBox and Gallery

Hi @jperrin,

Do you want to select one or multiple topics from the List Box control, then display them within a Gallery?

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:9.JPG

Set the Items property of the List Box control to following (that you provided):

["Customer Experience Training- For CSR's", "Rex- Functions and Orders (requires Face-to-Face)", "Power", "CRM- Service Portal", "EPC/PLU- Online Only", "RGA's(requires Face-to-Face)", "Rebates (requires Face-to-Face)", "Credits and Debits (requires Face-to-Face)", "Bronze Certification- Online Only", "Service Business Development", "Web Warranty- Requires approval by Noah Hunter"]

Set the OnSelect property of the List Box control to following:

ClearCollect(SelectedTopics,ListBox1.SelectedItems.Value)

Set the Items property of the Gallery control to following:

SelectedTopics

The GIF screenshot as below:Test1.gif

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Hi @jperrin,

ListBox1.OnSelect= UpdateContext({vSelectedItems: ListBox1.SelectedItems.Value})
and
Gallery1.Items = Filter(datasource, yourcolumnname in vSelectedItems)

jperrin

Thank you but " Enquiries List',Approved_x0020_by_x0020_Ax " is throwing me off. I'm assuming this was copy and pasted from another app and I'm not sure how that translates to mine. 

Super User
Super User

Hi @jperrin,

Exactly so.  I was working on it and accidentally posted before I had it all thought out.  I revised it as above and tested it.  It now works for me.  If it answers your question please mark the thread as solved. Capture.PNG

jperrin

What if the listbox is not being pulled from external data, so there is no column name. 

The listbox.item is 

["Customer Experience Training- For CSR's", "Rex- Functions and Orders (requires Face-to-Face)", "Power", "CRM- Service Portal", "EPC/PLU- Online Only", "RGA's(requires Face-to-Face)", "Rebates (requires Face-to-Face)", "Credits and Debits (requires Face-to-Face)", "Bronze Certification- Online Only", "Service Business Development", "Web Warranty- Requires approval by Noah Hunter"]

Super User
Super User

@jperrin,

The column name referred to is the column (or field name)  in your datasource that matches the items in the listbox. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jperrin,

Do you want to select one or multiple topics from the List Box control, then display them within a Gallery?

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:9.JPG

Set the Items property of the List Box control to following (that you provided):

Set the OnSelect property of the List Box control to following:

ClearCollect(SelectedTopics,ListBox1.SelectedItems.Value)

Set the Items property of the Gallery control to following:

SelectedTopics

The GIF screenshot as below:Test1.gif

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jperrin

Thank you! That worked perfectly