cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BrianSlalom
Level: Powered On

Model-driven app search multiple columns

It appears that I can, in a canvas app, create an expression on a form field to search across multiple fields in my CDS table. But in a model-driven app, do we have the capability to change the default search behavior and search across multiple fields? 

I am relatively new to PowerApps and I don't see where the default Search field the PowerApps has created in my app is even defined. Where can I see this control and how can I modify it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Model-driven app search multiple columns

Hi @BrianSlalom,

Do you want to change the search behaviour of an Model-Driven app?

I have made a test on my side, there is no way to change the search behaviour of an Model-Driven app within Model-Driven App designer currently in PowerApps. 

If you want to change the search behaviour of an Model-Driven app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
BrianSlalom
Level: Powered On

Someone at MS told me how to do this.

In the Quick Find view for my entity, there is a Add Find Columns task which allows us to specify which columns to include in the search. This is the view editable from the Data->Entities definition pages, not the views accessible from the App Designer. This view does not even show up in the App Designer. Why?

The search is a start-with. The question now is, how can I get it to be a contains search?

There is no visible code to change for the handling of this Search function.

PowerAppsChangeSearchColumns.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BrianSlalom,

Do you want to change the search behaviour of an Model-Driven app?

I have made a test on my side, there is no way to change the search behaviour of an Model-Driven app within Model-Driven App designer currently in PowerApps. 

If you want to change the search behaviour of an Model-Driven app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.