cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sam44
Level: Powered On

Multiple Sharepoint list PowerApp

I am building canvas app with 3 SharePoint lists. Each list has same column but separated due to 5000 item limits.

At search screen, I would like to provide Cross-search functionality and show search result at one gallery.

Is there any way to make this happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Multiple Sharepoint list PowerApp

Hi @Sam44 ,

One gallery can only show one data source's data. So to achieve this, you need 3 galleries binded to each list. Then you could set below formulas in the galleries to show all results with one search:

Gallery1.Items=SortByColumns(Filter(ListName, StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))
Gallery2.Items=SortByColumns(Filter(ListName, StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))
Gallery3.Items=SortByColumns(Filter(ListName, StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Sam44 ,

One gallery can only show one data source's data. So to achieve this, you need 3 galleries binded to each list. Then you could set below formulas in the galleries to show all results with one search:

Gallery1.Items=SortByColumns(Filter(ListName, StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))
Gallery2.Items=SortByColumns(Filter(ListName, StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))
Gallery3.Items=SortByColumns(Filter(ListName, StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Sam44
Level: Powered On

@v-monli-msft 

Thanks for your reply. Understand your explanation!

One more questions I have. Do you recommend if I use "Collect" like Collect(ListA, Filter(SPList1,Auther="xxx"));Collect(ListB, Filter(SPList2,Auther="xxx"));Collect(ListC, Filter(SPList3,Auther="xxx")) then, Collect(AllLists, ListA, ListB, ListC)

And Gallery will refer "AllLists" collection with another filtering....

Reason why I'm asking this is I'm wondering even if this is technically true but if it is not recommended from performance perspective or some since I have very limited knowledge about how PowerApps and its collection feature works with devices and certain environments..

Any advice on this?